Exercise

Options
What exercise is everyone doing/enjoying? :)

Replies

• healthbunny
    Options
    I’m a gym bunny. My workouts include a little cardio and some strength. I spend the largest part of my time at the gym doing crazy yoga/stretching, only started recording this on my hrm the other day and it burns a hell of a lot of calories. Other things I love but don’t do a lot (sucks being a student) are skiing and horse riding.
  • Nix_
    Nix_ Posts: 94
    Options
    I'm a student too :) studying design!

I love the gym too, but with it being Easter break I have taken the opportunity to go to a lot of classes, so I have been doing kettle bells, circuits, kick boxing, pilates and whatever I can!! :D

I'm hoping to try spinning soon!
  • jac264
    jac264 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am doing vinyasa yoga twice a week - my job has classes Monday and Wednesday at lunch time, which is awesome. It's an intermediate class so we are constantly moving and working our arms, legs and abs - total core workout! I'm trying to get back into soccer and running. Ideally, I'd like to run twice a week, play soccer once a week, yoga twice a week and ice skating once a week. I think that would be the perfect mix for me since I already walk to and from work (1.7 miles each way). I do the 30 day shred workouts when I don't have much time or the weather is crappy though!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I am the opposite of a gym bunny, I like to hike and run outside if I can. The only time I workout inside is when I take a yoga class or I do a 30 day shred workout in my room in front of my computer :) Not hating on gym bunnies though - just can't seem to get into it!
  • patticlick
    patticlick Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of different gyms classes, especially the Les Mills branded ones, Body Pump, Body Combat, Body Step, Body Flow. Anyone else doing those? I also mix in a bunch of outdoors activities, just did a 10.5 mile killer hike over the weekend, and also do biking. Skiing in the winter.

I enjoy being active and am now in the swing of it again, at 4-5 days a week vs 2-3 at best over this past winter.. But man, what kills my progress is my social life. Does this get other people? I like to go out and that usually involves drinking and food. I have managed to be mostly good about food, not eating out as much as I can, and trying to do flavored vodka/soda, but the calories still add up.
  • tobirhae
    tobirhae Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 1/2 weeks into P90X. I change it up slightly, though, and run at least once a week- skipping one of the normal cardio type workouts. I love to run, so I didn't want to give it up, but I needed something with strength work and a set schedule. I don't belong to a gym. I work out at work 4 days a week with my bosses (a 48 YO man and 58 YO man). And then I do my other workouts at home on my days off.
  • justinamay0535
    justinamay0535 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom of 2 boys so I do most of my workouts at home. I do Jillians 30 day shred 3-4 times a week and then Bob Harpers Inside Out Method once a week(its tough!) plus Ill do a 20 minute walk with Leslie Sansone's walking dvd right before those videos just to get my heartrate up and pumping. Now that its getting nicer out I have been jogging outside too. I just hope for more sunny weather I love walking/running outside more!
  • lelaspeaks
    lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am actually recovering from a herniated disc, but my work out plan in spinning, light lifting, light hiking, and walking. Once I get the okay from the doctor I am back to power yoga and running ASAP.
  • seizethefray
    Options
    I enjoy being active and am now in the swing of it again, at 4-5 days a week vs 2-3 at best over this past winter.. But man, what kills my progress is my social life. Does this get other people? I like to go out and that usually involves drinking and food. I have managed to be mostly good about food, not eating out as much as I can, and trying to do flavored vodka/soda, but the calories still add up.

Yes! My social life kills me. Now that I've moved away from all my friends (sad face), I'm not going out as much, but I still LOVE my booze. Not giving it up entirely--just trying to fit it in to the calorie count. I've also told myself that if I'm going to go party, I need to go to the gym first. I don't care if it's a Friday or Saturday night at 7pm, I squeeze it in THEN I go out. :)

As for the eating out with friends, I've been trying to resist my favorite entrees for the low cal menu items. Not as yummy, but still leaves me satisfied.
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have never joined a gym - I live too far away from one. I cycle (road bike) and try to get out at least e/o day for an hour. It burns a freakish amount of calories and I can do it right from my home (I live in the country on quiet rolling roads). I'll ride on my trainer if teh weather is bad. I also walk at lunch and try to walk/run on the treadmill when I don't get on the bike. I shoot for an hour of cardio/5 days/week.

I want to add some strength training and am looking for a good beginner type DVD because I need to follow along to something to get the form/technique right. Can you recommend any? No P90x or other advanced stuff for me yet.. Maybe in a few months...
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner. Just did my first 10k, now training for a half marathon. This has me doing between 30 mins-2 hours of running 4 times a week.

On lighter days I plan on continuing Chalean Extreme for some lifting, 3x a week.
  • gingerlynnlove
    gingerlynnlove Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Turbo Fire and I love it!!