Trouble sticking to a 1400 calorie diet. I <3 Junk Food! :/

Options
secretgirl4611
secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
Well Insanity workouts are hard but I can do them no problem!! Its the diet part I am having horrible trouble to sticking too. Ive only been doin Insanity for a week now. But in totat since I started working out I have 3months of pure working out and no real weight loss prob becuz I cant stop eating JUNK. or goin over on my calories.. NE GOOD ADVICE MAYBE?

Replies

• pduckworth
    pduckworth Posts: 133
    Options
    Try and not buy any junk food and only keep healthy chiices at home. That way, If it's not in your house, it's more difficult to grab it as a snack. Also, when you go out to work or classes or just anywhere, try and carry a healthy snack with you. That way if you get hungry, you don't have to buy fast food or a candy bar.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Chew gums. It will keep your mouth busy.
    Chocolate mint SF gum does taste like Choc mint ice cream!

Eat more protein. It will keep you full longer and have less craving.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE :) Um, any goood advice on what calorie intake I should not exceed? how does 1400 sound? Everyday im well over that but im gonna try my hardest to just not eat that much and stay under..
  • newlife4cindy
    newlife4cindy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    protein bars are like candy bars to me....so it feels like you're cheating, but it's not so bad :) pure protein revolution chocolate caramel or nature valley dark chocolate, almond, peanut bars are my favorites and reasonably priced (nature valley bars are around $0.50 each but they can be less when paired with a coupon). there are coupons out there for pure protein bars as well....$1.00 off and buy one get one free. my grocery store often has them on sale for $1.00...so i can use both coupons and get 2 for free!

same with protein shakes...i can get my sweet tooth fix in that way. pineapple smoothies are my current fave!

go to www.fat2fitradio.com to see what your food intake should be. i try to keep within 100 calories of my BMR as my base. MFP calculates my calories to be lower. And it would probably work a lot better if i cut out the alcohol....lol.

and i'm sure you know the saying....diet is 75% of losing weight
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I agree with going to fat2fit and using their calculators. While I've been successful at cutting out a lot of the junk out of my diet, I still enjoy it every once in a while (okay, chocolate is pretty much everyday:)) The way I did it is saying, I can go two days without whatever, no big deal, and after 2 days I allowed myself to have a measured serving. Then I tried to make it 3 days, and so on. You will find the frequency for your favorites where you're not going so long without them that you can't measure out a portion and truly enjoy it, or you'll find that you don't want it anymore.