BMR post op

Options
HMD7703
HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
Morning VSGers!!!

Many of you know that once you hit goal (or get close) you will stop losing and every pound lost is a fight.. no, it is a full on war! MFP will tell you that you are in starvation mode and suggest that you up your calories. I decided to check into this since I have been stalled for about 3 months now.

Based on my age, height/weight and exercise levels are:
Activity Level / Daily Calories
Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1834
Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 2101
Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2368
Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2636
Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2903

So, it is suggesting that I eat 2300+ calories per day! WOW. I have such a hard time wrapping my head around this concept. I mean, I have half a stomach to begin with and barely hit 1300 calories per day, how can I possibly hit 2300?

I am curious if any VSGers out there (or know someone else) have tried upping your calories to hit the suggested BMR? Did it work for you? Or are we excluded from these theories based on our surgeries?!?

Thanks!!

Reference: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

Replies

• set2sin
    set2sin Posts: 9
    Options
    I can NOT eat that much food, I just try to up the protein and drop the carb count. My goal is to get to five pound BELOW my ultimate goal and then I have 5 pounds to play with. Right now I have just 8-10 pounds to lose so it is no big deal. Their BMR does not apply to us because of our plumbing and especially not to me because I had the older style DS-surgery. I had my intestines rerouted like they do for the RNY. I am 9 years out this December.