UK girls! Tell me your favourite exercise DVDs

Options
Hi everyone :)

Watching the London Marathon from my sofa and feeling VERY lazy!!

Has anyone got any recommendations for exercise DVDs they love? I'm a beginner and generally quite uncoordinated, so I need something that's got clear instructions and doesn't need me to go out and buy masses of equipment. And I want to feel knackered by the end!

Any suggestions of what's worked for you?

Replies

• torreviejo
    torreviejo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    HI,

I love the Kettleworx DVDS, 30 day shred and 30 mins to fitness
  • missdottyuk
    missdottyuk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just got the 30 day shred after seeing lots of people raving about it and have done it a few times now. Tough but good!
  • dilleight
    dilleight Posts: 50
    Options
    I love Ministry of Sound Pump it Up Burn it Lose it is the best one.
    Turbo Jam and Tae Bo are great. American instructors are just so hyper it beats some of the British ones who are a bit apologetic.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I love ChaLean Johnson DVDs, I've done a round of TurboFire and am on my 2nd round of ChaLean extreme, they're expensive, but you get such a variety of workouts, I think they're worth it.

I enjoyed 30DS and for a DVD requiring no other equipment, her banish fat, boost metabolism one is great!
  • embeck79
    embeck79 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i love davina fitness dvd's get a great sweaty workout and lots on there to really mix it up depending on what you want to work on etc and ive got the 30 day shred which is really tough but very good going to try her banish fat, boost metabolism next :)
  • Naughtybiscuit
    Naughtybiscuit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone :) loads to get me going!
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I like Suzanne Bowen's 10 minute solution total body blast. I don't do it so much now that I've got an XBox kinect.
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    30 day shred definatley.... Let Jillian kick your butt :happy:

Also Zumba total body transformation I try to do those one day a week if I can.... Totally uncordinated myself but its hilarious if a little cheesy :wink:
  • jessewessy1990
    jessewessy1990 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

she sure does!! Feels like I've had a few goes with Mike Tyson :grumble:
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    This thread is great! Many great suggestions! :happy:

I'm doing Jillian Michaels "30 Day Shred". Cheap on ebay or Amazon. All you need is an exercise mat and some hand weights. Cheap to pick up in Argos! :wink:

It is really tough, but you feel sooo good after! :drinker:
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options

she sure does!! Feels like I've had a few goes with Mike Tyson :grumble:

lol!! Me too! She's great though! :laugh:
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    currently doing Insanity which i would recommend but only if your fitness levels are higher otherwise you will struggle. However, i also LOVE Jillian Michaels workouts- No more trouble zones, banish fat boost metabolism, ripped in 30 and 30 day shred!
  • heald_uk
    heald_uk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sorry, not a UK girl but do an hours workout to a DVD 6 days a week!

I'm afraid I can't keep up with the intensity of a lot of the DVD's on the market but I LOVE those by Rosemary Conley! They may be a bit repetitive in terms of the moves but they work. I've lost a stone and a half and shed 4 inches from my waist so I can see the results.

Good luck and hope you find a disc you like!
  • lrobson555
    lrobson555 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have ALL the Ministry of Sound dance workout DVDs and love them.
    I also have Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred but got bored of it after three days. I couldn't stand doing the same thing over and over again.

Right now I am doing Turbo Fire and it is the best set of DVDs I have ever bought! It's a workout programme made up of 12 DVDs of high intensity interval training. Bought it on Amazon for about £100, but as the full programme is 5 months long it didn't seem like too much! I can burn huge amounts of calories every workout, for example this morning I did Fire 30 which is a 30 minute cardio routine and burned 450 calories!
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    After reading lost of posts and recommendations from people on here I bought a few of Jillian Michaels, 30 Day Shred, Shred it with Weights - both are fab, 20-30 mins long, but you are knackered and get a good burn. I've also bought Burn Fat boost metabolism (but haven't got around to doing that one yet - it' 50 mins).

I also bought Ab bootcamp - Billy Blanks - he's another kick *kitten* instructor - OMG, after just one session my stomach was hurting.

Good luck. x
  • louiloui123
    louiloui123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Denise Austin burn fat fast is a good one something about her over enthusiasm makes me laugh and keep at it and i do the workouts at home doesn't make me feel silly when i miss a few steps.
  • KellieLouise84
    Options
    i'm on day 2 of 30day shred.. loving it so far, but aching!! guess that means it's working tho!!
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I could niether afford nor decide on a workout DVD so use YouTube, fortunately there are 1000s to choose from depending on the mood I'm in, the intensity or area's I want to work.

Just do a search on 'workout' and you'll see a host of videos.

My favorites are Billy Blanks Tae Bo, Les Mills, Denise Austin and Exercise TV (they have loads to choose from, from 10 mins - 50 mins).
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am a 30DS girl too. Only cost me £5 from Amazon.

Might go onto Youtube and have a look for some other work outs as there are some good suggestions here