This group has gotten way too quiet!

Options
So where is everyone?! We've had too many people give up here! Start sharing guys, what has been your biggest challenge since we started this journey? Biggest success? Funniest nsv? Best weight loss tip? Anything! It's only week 3 and this group has become increasingly low key on all days except Monday lol. We have to stick together, we may be competing against each other for biggest loser but we are all on the same journey! Biggest losers unite!

Replies

• msdalice
    msdalice Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    The hardest part for me in this time period has been Easter and all the things that come with it. The candy sitting around the house has been hard and more so when it is TOM. (Sorry to the guys out there.) I did a Zumba Wii game with my DD on Wednesday and I'm still recovering. I lived through excruciating leg cramps and stiffness yesterday. My biggest challenge is my Fibro but I don't make a big deal about it. I just keep plugging along. I lost 57 pounds since I started losing on July 10, 2009. I've had ups and downs (losing up to 52 lbs and then going back to 34 lbs and so forth) and before joing the MFP I got only as far as 52.
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    My biggest breakthrough has been realizing just how many bad carbs I have been eating and that is why I have not been losing weight. I thought that just watching my calorie intake would be enough and I have not been losing weight....just tads at a time and then I typically gain most of it back not understanding why. Last week I read an article on carbs and for the first time really comprehended the importance of good carbs verses bad carbs. I also came to realize that I am a carb junkie.....I crave the stuff!! This past Saturday I spent hours reinventing my food intake and figuring out how I needed to make the appropriate changes. I went to the grocery store and got everything I needed, have packed my lunch and snacks all week, have increased my water intake to make sure I absolutely drink at least 64 ounces of day (and make sure it is cold). I feel like a light bulb has gone off in my head and I am actually excited about the process of losing weight now....instead of daily dreading it. I still need to figure out how to get the regular exersizing in but just cutting back on the bad carbs has gone my weight loss engine reved up and the weight is coming off!!
  • LilCrissieBug
    Options
    Way to go ladies! You are both a tribute to the strength and capability in all of us!! Ypu are doing amazing jobs! Keep up the great work.
  • iwonajakubiak
    iwonajakubiak Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    for me the boggest problem is wine... i do like a glass or two after hard day at work - but sadly calories are not going away! i'm being Ok though, having mainle gin with lemon water when i feel like having a drink.
    beside this i dont really eat a lot of carbs... my diet is mainly meat, eggs and veg - works though! i'm loosing around a 1kg per week which is more than enough for me. being obese for most of the last dekade, trying all sort of diets i'm finally getting rid of this crazy kilos of mines! sine february i have moved from 86 kg to 74.4kg as per my scale this morning! this is good and my motivation is my BMI which shows me now as overweight! happy days! at the lowest in my life i was 112kg! just three years ago - so im well proud of what i have achieved no
    my challanges are - lazyness... i so dont like exercising - but had signed myslef for a charity 5K run on teh 1st of July and getting slowly through training - im now trying to walk as much as i can through the day making sure i am doing my 5K, i will strat jogging soon i hope
    my ather thing is - i dont really drink as much water as i should i think... i do around three to four glasses of drinks (water, teas) per day, but i dont feel like i need more - so maybe it is not all that bad? the good think is if i dont drink enough i would get a headache - then i just get a glass of water and im cool again
    if you look for some motivation - look for dukan diet - it has workd for me....
    good luck to all of us on Monday!!!
  • BrittanyFordham
    Options
    I've hit a plateau the past two weeks! Crazy discouraging! I upped my exercise ALOT, started HIIT and etc and I've stayed exactly the same! (It's the TOM) but I still expected a loss from all the exercise increases and better nutrition!
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling a little bit mentally. I've been having some health issues associated with TOM. Went to see ob/gyn, got bloodwork done to check thyroid...appointment next week to check for fibroid cysts.

I have noticed that between TOM & ovulation I retain water like CRAZY, so trying to figure out how to combat that...or perhaps it's associated with the issues I'm having testing done for.
  • estherwhetstone
    estherwhetstone Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just couldn't get my head in the game! This week I have done well and I'm going to post on here more. Keeps me up to date on my competition!:tongue:
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Ever since I started pilates this week, I've been feeling more positive and better about myself! I am actually super excited for Monday. I feel like I did amazing this week! :P
    I might be going to the park with my eight year old cousin later, so more exercise!! (:
  • mindy217
    mindy217 Posts: 19
    Options
    My biggest challenge is keeping track of what eat. When I do I think twice of what I eat cuz I know I have to write it down. I was also surprised at how many calories I was eating, didnt think it was that much, but now I know better. The weather is getting better here, so Ive been taking my grandson on walks. He loves to be outside, and I get to exercise. I work third shift and take care of him during the day, so thats another challenge. When to eat and getting enough sleep. Looking forward to Monday tho cuz this week I have written everything down that I ate. Some good days some not, but Monday will be the true test!
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Quiet generally isnt synonymous with me. i tend to be pretty vocal... here and in person.
    lately ive been busy with moving and photographing a friends wedding this weekend. so ive just been bizzay.

biggest challenges for me:
    still drinking enough water. ugh. still hate it.
    and the past few days logging all my food with packing, driving, unpacking, visiting, prepping and the event, its just been too busy.

biggest victory this week:
    knowing that working out has greatly improved my strength and endurance.
    thursday i snuck in a "Body Revelution" workout with my friend Jason. who appears to be in better shape. thinner, firmer physique.
    hes been doing the program for a month... and when we did it together i was able to out perform him. we were both sweating up a storm but he had to keep stopping while i was able to complete the full range of motion of all the exercises. it felt GREAT.
  • tammyandzach
    tammyandzach Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    A little discouraged as I have ben limited in my workouts due to surgery. I have fin. ally goren the release to workout but I zumba injured my hip and now I have to be careful to let it heal so I am burning half the calories in my workouts.
    Nsv there have been so many times lately that I normally would have started snacking. My body thinks I should be snacking out of habit but I have resisted.
  • LilCrissieBug
    Options
    I'm glad everyone is starting to come back around! We all have struggles when it comes to trying to be healthy in a generally unhealthy society. I am struggling right now with eating dinner late. My husband works 7am to 7pm. We are living in a hotel right now because he has to travel for work. I normally try not to eat past 7:30pm. Most nights I succeed, but I miss eating dinner with my Hubbins. By the time he gets home and showers its now 8. After he eats he is usually in bed by 10:30. I hate eating right before bed but I love having dinner with him, where we can talk about our days and reconnect for the couple of hours I actually get to see him. Its a tough balancing act lol.

On another note, congrats everyone with the continual losses and for overcoming your own challenges!

"No one ever promised it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it!"
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    It's been an emotional week and I struggled with trying not to turn to food - easier said than done! It could have been worse, one day of giving in to old habits. Felt horrible! Brushed myself off and hit the eliptical instead of the freezer/fridge/cupboard! Rome wasn't built in a day, neither will the new me!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    i have not been losing any weight these last few weeks, very discouraging. i'm going to try working out extra hard these next few weeks and see if that helps, maybe working out twice some days. i want to go back to doing my turbo jam videos along with going to the gym but doing the videos will mean i have to get up at 4 am and some days thats tough. i thought after tom i would have lost but that was a big NO! we will see what next week has in store for me. good luck everyone
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    This week had been a pretty decent week for me! I found an exercise that I am really enjoying so it will help me! I've been eating under my calorie goal and I've been in a really good mood and that's motivating me a lot. With school coming to a close soon, I will have more time to exercise and it will help a lot! Also, I was telling a real close friend of mine about this site and she decided to join in with me and it feels good knowing I'm helping someone else out too. It motivates me a lot more too. So, I have a huge motivation that I can do this and stick to this lifestyle change(:
  • MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options
    I've definitely fallen off the wagon! But I'm hoping part of my gain this week is water retention from my TOM, and next week will be better! I'm also looking forward to trying out a new exercise regime (Power 90), and getting my butt in shape. My SO also admitted that he's feeling super unfit, so we're gonna battle this together.

I can make all the excuses in the world, but even with family stuff, and friends moving away... I just need to get off my *kitten*!
  • Ewaldt
    Ewaldt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My issue: College Finals.
    Or more appropriately, the stress that I am feeling because of them!
    My weight hasn't been suffering because of it until this past week, when I officially began stress snacking on horrible things (CANDY!) and skipped a work out :(
    BUT! I was also sick last week with a head cold, so I am HOPING that I can add up finals, stress, and a head cold to be my excuse and will be back on track with my weight this week!
    And hopefully I will be back here and fully vocal next week when my finals are officially over :D yay!
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    New week = fresh start!! Here's to a better week for all!!