ordering today

Options
Cougarsuz
Cougarsuz Posts: 20 Member
Hi everybody - my name is Suzanne and I am ordering BR today and looking forward to getting started. My situation is this - almost 42 years old, two kids ages 7 and 9, work full time during the day. Height 5'5". Highest weight was about 305 after second pregnancy, when the baby was 2 (2006) I had gastric bypass and dropped 100 pounds in a year with little exercise. Weight settled around 205-210, which was a great timprovement, but not where I wanted to be. Finally bucked down and did p90x about this time last year. Lost 22 pounds and got a LOT firmer and leaner, but it HURT, felt like I was beating myself up some days, so when the 90 days was over I stopped cold, then it was summer.... I work at a school so I was home with my kids taking it easy, and the weight crept back up, then school and work started in the fall and I was too busy, and a little more weight crept on. Tried skiing this winter, took a hard fall my first time out and seoarated my shoulder, perfect excuse to "take it easy" - doctor's orders! So here I am, about 223, tired all the time, and I don't want to waste any more time. I know I'm not going to be bikini ready by summer, but I am looking for a 90 day program that I can commit to that is super motiviating, and that is tough enough to give me results and make me feel like I am accomplishing something, but not so weight intensive and so time consuming that i feel wiped out rather than energized. Do you think Body Revolution is the way to go? Please add me as a friend if you want :)

Replies

• gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi Suzanne, I love Body revolution- I'm going to start my week 4, so far didn't lose any weight- i'm in my healthy BMI probably that's why. But I'm dropping inches like crazy.

The program is only 30 minutes, that with warmup and cooldown. So it's pretty much manageable to squeeze in into your busy day. I have a 2 year old and I do my workouts during his afternoon nap. Sometimes, I can't wait to put him to sleep so that I can do my workout :happy: Overall Im' very pleased with this program.

Also I bought Jillian Michael's Kickbox FasfFix for extra cardio.
    Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • brendalee727
    Options
    Hi Suzsanne, I am also starting week 4. BR is a great program. I think with your past history of P90 x you may find this program doable. I am a 39 year old mother who also works full time. My story is I have gained 25 lbs over the past two years, and haven't really exercised consistantly for along time. I am overweight according to my BMI and I want to get back down to my weight I have been about 3 years ago.

I've lost five pounds in about 3 weeks. The very first week regardless of weight loss you definately feel some type of difference, ex) stronger, clothes feel different etc.

My biggest challenge was last week when I was really nauseous and sore. I am not giving up and keep exercising and tracking my calories on MFP. I didn't follow Jillian's meal plan, but I do eat healthy and stay within 1200-1500 calories a day.

Just lately I increased my calories to 1500 because, I am a very busy person always on the go etc. and felt really nauseous on 1200 calories. Best Wishes, Brenda