Google +

Options
Fit_Canuck
Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
I had a wild idea this morning while jogging and I thought bringing it up to my fellow geeks would be the best place to start

Wonder if it would be nice to have a community on Google + where we could share ideas, questions, links

Even more fun is that Google Hangouts allow everyone to join a large video conference so we could all jump in see a friendly face and vent/discuss stuff :)

What's also nice is that it's less like Facebook more like Twitter in that you post and others comment but you cant' go to someone's profile and write random stuff on their "walls"

Am I completely off the deep end here? :)

Replies

• HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I log my runs on google maps and then have them on a circle on g+. I'm totally down with this.
  • russdev
    russdev Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Sounds good..

Russell
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Google + is blocked at work :sad: one of a few handful sites.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options

Ditto here... I'd be all for it though if I had access... :S
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options

Snap! I can't acess Google+ at work.

If you guys want to start a Google+ group for The Geek Squid then that's cool.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    hey why not I can figure the whole google+ thing out
  • Geek__Girl
    Options

No access at work? No problem, we have and app for that.....on our smartphones. :tongue: Always trying to find a way around the system, I refuse to be limited by an admin.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options

No access at work? No problem, we have and app for that.....on our smartphones. :tongue: Always trying to find a way around the system, I refuse to be limited by an admin.

Oh I wish... I work in an office surrounded by cinderblocks... I get no wi-fi reception either! (or cell reception for that matter) BAH!