Roller Derby workout

Options
Has anyone tried the LA roller derby workout?
I have been doing my own derby work out and its been great I combined a mix of p9ox and Skating.

All done with skates on

I go through my basic yoga warm up but I keep my skates on for this you would be surprised how it feels to be in warrior two with skates feels great.

On hands and knees I do peeing dog so I am on all fours and with bent leg I lift it up sideways as far as i can go and bring it down I do reps of 10 2-3 time both sides

Same position on all fours I do kick backs. So kick your leg straight back then back to all four I try and not let my leg hit the ground ever. reps of 10 2-3 times both legs

50 squats and jump * this sucks with skates on but you feel awesome after ( stay low on the squat and jump from legs stay low or you will fall.

2 sets of 30 sec wig wags. Its a lot like a jumping jack but you put your hands bent up by your head and kick your legs side to side rocking side to side.

From there I work on more leg strength I get in to what would be my plow stop and I push into it with my legs and my skates and I sit in it for 30 sec then sit deeper for 10 I do this a few times it sucks but it helps with stops and strength when hitting .

leg swings I use my foam roller . swing one leg over then the other then back over one leg then other

Hope this helps I do all of this on carpet or on my yoga mat out side if its nice.

Replies

• alabamawhirley
    alabamawhirley Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure which one I did at my friends the other day, Bio Diesel was one of the girls. It's fantastic, things I thought were going to be easy definately pushed me but I felt great afterwards!

I'm definately going to try yours!
  • dealyn_daisies
    Options
    I think that I shall try this tomorrow. Thanks.