Burning less each workout?!?

Options
So I'm on my last day of the recovery week video... Same workout every day :( and on the first day I burned 622 calories, and yesterday I was down to 582!!! Each day that I did the video I burned less even though I pushed harder and stopped less each day... My hubby says its because my heart is getting stronger and when i take my 30 second rests/ water breaks my heart rate goes down faster. Like for example during my first week of insanity I would push my HR to 190 and during the 30 second water break my heart would only go down to like 173. Now my heart rate will go from 190 to around 150 during the breaks. And while stretching my HR would be at 150 - 160. Now it's usually around 125. I guess is a good thing because I'm getting stronger, I just wanted to know if hat has happened to anyone else?! I'm getting annoyed at the lower numbers!

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    It's a very good thing that you are recovering faster:) My burns are getting better each time I do each workout, but I know it's because I'm trusting my knee more and pushing harder. I'm seeing the same improvement as you in my recovery during water breaks and stretching.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Its not a bad thing ur burning less, and yes ur hubby is right. Prob when u started ur resting heart rate was a lil higher and now that u are gettin more fit and stronger ur heart rate has probably lowered which is a very good thing. UR GETTIN HEALTHY.. AND AS LONG AS UR STILL BURNING CALORIES U WILL STILL BE MAKING PROGRESS! CONGRATS.. AND ON TO BETTER HEALTH :)
  • cyndi2012
    cyndi2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely burning less consistently on each week. I'm just starting week 5 tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it's because my cardio endurance is much better than in the beginning; though i've found on the days where I dig a lot deeper (see what I did there?!) my HR is higher and I burn more calories. If you're annoyed with it, i'd suggest digging deeper (did it again) and trying to keep your HR a little higher (without requiring an ambulance ride, okay?).
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I hope this doesn't happen. I'm already only burning 300-400 each workout...and on cardio recovery and fit test days. only 150-200. For the second week...it was pretty much the same as the first, maybe a little less calorie burn. We'll see how the thrid week goes.
  • oneboricua1
    Options
    Im currently starting my 4th week and I have seen the same kind of results! I find myself working a lot harder to get my heart rate higher and my knees feel great ( I used to have some pain and discomfort before I started InSanity). I've been doing this routine with a co-worker every morning before work and is been amazing! I have lost close to 10 pounds and my friend lost at least 3 inches of "Beer belly" and 7 pounds! for me this is conditioning but for my friend this is a total transformation process: quitting smoking, changing his diet, doing InSanity...Awesome!

I will be leaving tomorrow for military school for 52 days and I will take the videos with me and "Dig deeper"... our plan is to loose weight and get toned at the end of the 60 days....take a break of a week or so and start P90X to build and develop muscle...so far, so good! :smile:
  • Mstubbs26
    Mstubbs26 Posts: 11
    Options
    great job & congats!:drinker: