Weekly Closer to Cosplay Fitness Challenge!

Options
Improvised
Improvised Posts: 925 Member
Thought I'd start a fitness challenge to help us get just a little closer to our fitness goals.
This week it's planks: Hold the Plank pose as long as you can (time it!). The next day, try to hold it a little longer, and so on. Sunday is rest day, so it's only through Saturday. Anyone in?
Did a little dorky comic strip to show what I mean. :P

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800742@N02/7106857851/

Replies

• ariav3
    ariav3 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in :D Planks are awesome, I love the way they make my abs feel afterwards

Should we post our times here at the end of the week or is this just a personal thing? :3
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm in too, it sounds fun. ^_^ I like the plank part of my workouts but I never tried doing them longer.
  • Improvised
    Options
    You can if you want, Aria, either daily or weekly.
    I could only hold it for 62 seconds today so I'm hoping to hold it for 70 seconds tomorrow. :)
  • Improvised
    Options
    Held it for 77 seconds today. :D
  • Improvised
    Options
    Forgot to do it Wednesday (oops!), but I held it for 1.5 minutes yesterday! :)
  • Improvised
    Options
    Was anyone else able to do the challenge this week? My stomach is far from perfect but I have noticed that it's a lot flatter for sure, I'm certain the planks (plus drinking tons of water and eating lots of veggies) helped. :)
    Today I was able to hold the plank pose for one minute and thirty-two seconds. A record for me.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I did it, but I didn't really time myself. The stopwatch function on my phone is kind of lame. I've been working on drinking more water too (since I got a special filter bottle for that!) and fitting in more veggies too. :)
  • Improvised
    Options
    Hi!
    Great! Glad to hear you did it too. I plan on doing another challenge, but I'll start it next week. This week I have a LOT going on. :/