Watched "The Cabin in the Woods" over the weekend...

Options
rprussell2004
rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
... having heard that Joss Whedon was one of the writer/directors, and I have to say I was NOT disappointed.

Has anyone else out there enjoyed this little marvel?

Without, y'know, spoiling the story for others of course...

Replies

• BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    yep - it was awesome
  • Vespyr
    Vespyr Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I though it was bad until I really thought about what they were trying to do with it. I guess I'm a bit too literal and didn't see the hidden message until after the movie. I can say that I appreciated it...entertainment wise meh, but that's just me. I too went to see it cause of Joss Wheadon.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Loved it. It reeked of Joss Whedon. It was a nice homage to other horror flicks too. Looooooooooved it.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I liked it. My wife, on the other hand, who isn't a fan of Whedon, as soon as it was over said, "I looooved it! We're buying it as soon as it comes out!"
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I would love to see this....sadly I have no one to take me to the movies... :sad: Hopefully it's a quick release to DVD so I can get it...
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed it. I knew it was Whedon, and I really like Whedon, so I had pretty high, and somewhat specific, expectations of it, and it met them all. I really liked the sense of humor in it, and the moral aspect was beyond interesting. Above all, though, I really liked the characters, and the tongue in cheek references to other horror movies, and specifically the horror movie archetypes and how they relate to the characters in this movie.

And that's about all I can say without giving anything away. It was thought provoking, though, which is something I appreciate about a movie of that genre.
  • BrendarB
    Options
    I would love to see this....sadly I have no one to take me to the movies... :sad: Hopefully it's a quick release to DVD so I can get it...

You can't go to the theatre by yourself?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

I sometimes go by myself. I will be going later today with a friend.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options

I went by myself.

My wife's not a big horror movie fan (the last one I dragged her to was "Cabin Fever" and I don't think she's forgiven me for it) and we have two small kids. So rather than fork over for a babysitter all the time to go to shows the other might not enjoy, we take turns going on real dates and just going and having "me" time.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    saw it. loved it.
  • BrendarB
    Options
    right - was good - might actually go see it again this weekend
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options

I don't think it's a question of "can't" but more of a "I enjoy going with another person". Nothing wrong with going by ones self, but I would get more enjoyment if I shared the experience with someone else... :)
  • MidnightRadio
    MidnightRadio Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm not a horror fan at all, but I LOVED this movie!! Love everything Whedon touches!
  • seattle_chick
    Options
    I'm a huge Whedon fan and felt that this may be my favorite work of his to date. I have never had so much fun watching a horror movie unfold. Can't wait to see it again and am rallying to get everyone I know to see it.
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Awesome movie. Definitely worth getting on dvd when it comes out.
  • VertigoDeath83
    Options
    Loved it! Was especially happy with the Hellraiser homage that he threw in there! :wink:
  • Femmekid
    Femmekid Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I loved it! I am a Whedon fan also, mostly due to Buffy. It was also awesome to see several Buffy/Angel actors in the movie :)