Pottermore is OPEN!

Options
13»

Replies

• Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Well I've thought about it, and I am choosing Gryffindor. Harry has words with Professor Dumbledore about the sorting hat, and Harry said he was only in Gryffindor because he asked to be there and Dumbledore replies with: “Exactly. Which makes you very different from Voldemort. It’s not our abilities that show what we truly are, Harry. It’s our choices.“

I hope no one hates me with my choice or reasoning :sad:

I totally understand being upset because you so totally believe yourself to be one House. It would be silly to be mad, but it strikes me that this quote applies EVEN MORE to you being sorted into Slytherin. Gryffindor and Slytherin abilities are similar, but you could choose not to follow the negative stereotypes.

I just think this is a very interesting conversation. I know lots of people got upset about their sorting, but I like to think even the sorting hat didn't get it perfectly every time (Dumbledore does say he thinks they sort too early). And our choices are what make our Houses good or bad for us. It's fun to play along, but it's also not a perfect system. I think it's VERY close to what a sorting would be like, but since it's a computer and not magic, there will be glitches.

In this situation, the most important thing is you're having fun, whatever that means to you.

I just don't wanna be in Slytherin :( but few people think its right for me to be in Gryffindor ;_; I just want to have fun :sad:
  • Gertie_Brinks
    Options
    I got my e-mail at 1007 this morning and I just finished all the chapters! I didn't move from the computer!! I've even won two duels!!!

I'm in Ravenclaw and the wand that selected me was Hornbeam Unicorn 12 1/4 in slightly springy :smile:

I've added everyone who asked to be and if you'd like to add me I'm

RoseYew4089
  • Gertie_Brinks
    Options
    I'm with you. I love brewing potions.

I can't figure out how to wave my wand!!!!!! It must be something very obvious that I am just not seeing :embarassed:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Well I've thought about it, and I am choosing Gryffindor. Harry has words with Professor Dumbledore about the sorting hat, and Harry said he was only in Gryffindor because he asked to be there and Dumbledore replies with: “Exactly. Which makes you very different from Voldemort. It’s not our abilities that show what we truly are, Harry. It’s our choices.“

I totally understand being upset because you so totally believe yourself to be one House. It would be silly to be mad, but it strikes me that this quote applies EVEN MORE to you being sorted into Slytherin. Gryffindor and Slytherin abilities are similar, but you could choose not to follow the negative stereotypes.

I just think this is a very interesting conversation. I know lots of people got upset about their sorting, but I like to think even the sorting hat didn't get it perfectly every time (Dumbledore does say he thinks they sort too early). And our choices are what make our Houses good or bad for us. It's fun to play along, but it's also not a perfect system. I think it's VERY close to what a sorting would be like, but since it's a computer and not magic, there will be glitches.

In this situation, the most important thing is you're having fun, whatever that means to you.

I just don't wanna be in Slytherin :( but few people think its right for me to be in Gryffindor ;_; I just want to have fun :sad:

Sweetie, this topic is for discussion. If no one agrees with you, it doesn't matter. All that matters for YOU is that YOU are ok with the choice you make. I never intended to make you do one thing or another, only to maybe give you another perspective for the sake of discussion. :)
  • BrnIdGirl
    BrnIdGirl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I love brewing potions.

I can't figure out how to wave my wand!!!!!! It must be something very obvious that I am just not seeing :embarassed:

Your wand is the long white thing that lays behind your ingrediants. Just click on it and it will wave. I usually go to the right of all my ingrediants and click where it sticks out. Good luck.
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options
    btw, I'm PatronusSickle14300 if anyone wants to add me and be friends :flowerforyou:

I tried to friend you but it said that it couldn't find your user name. try sending me a friend request HeartUnicorn15208
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options

My sister (QuestCat15732) got sorted into Slytherin. She was very upset because she didn't want to be in Syltherin. But she is having fun and you will too if you let yourself.
  • kerbear48185
    kerbear48185 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am signed up in Pottermore. My username is QuillBlade28043. Feel free to friend me! I've been sorted into Ravenclaw (dream come true) and have completed the first book. I've successfully brewed a few potions, although my last one was a disaster that destroyed my copper cauldron. I'm pretty good at the spells though.

Of course this awesome journey into the backstories of Harry Potter were very enjoyable to me, particularly the story of Professor McGonagall. Of course this inspired me to get into the story all over again. I just finished reading the entire series last year, so I opted to watch all the movies. I'm on the Dealthy Hallows Pt. 2 (which I will finish tonight). I'm certain that I will never grow tired of the world of Harry Potter.

If only JK Rowling would release some of the textbooks like 'Hogwarts A History', I would just be in pure heaven. I'm considering buying some Ravenclaw swag from www.noblecollection.com in celebration of my sorting!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hello, I am signed up in Pottermore. My username is QuillBlade28043. Feel free to friend me! I've been sorted into Ravenclaw (dream come true) and have completed the first book. I've successfully brewed a few potions, although my last one was a disaster that destroyed my copper cauldron. I'm pretty good at the spells though.

Of course this awesome journey into the backstories of Harry Potter were very enjoyable to me, particularly the story of Professor McGonagall. Of course this inspired me to get into the story all over again. I just finished reading the entire series last year, so I opted to watch all the movies. I'm on the Dealthy Hallows Pt. 2 (which I will finish tonight). I'm certain that I will never grow tired of the world of Harry Potter.

If only JK Rowling would release some of the textbooks like 'Hogwarts A History', I would just be in pure heaven. I'm considering buying some Ravenclaw swag from www.noblecollection.com in celebration of my sorting!

Look at Alivans.com, too! They have wands and all sorts of stuff. They're also working on making some of the Wands from Pottermore sometime in the future, so that will be cool.

You can look up Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and she's working on a Harry Potter encyclopedia that will have extra character info and things like that. I really wish she'd write Hogwarts, A History and I'd be content. :)
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options

My sister (QuestCat15732) got sorted into Slytherin. She was very upset because she didn't want to be in Syltherin. But she is having fun and you will too if you let yourself.

Because all of you are such awesome people, I'm going to take your advice and give Slytherin a try! (if I'm not having fun I'll change it up later on), but for now let the good times roll!

My username is CrimsonWatch6926 (that is cooler then the other name I got) :flowerforyou: everyone is welcome to add me and I'll try to go back through and add everyone's who's shared their names :wink:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Because all of you are such awesome people, I'm going to take your advice and give Slytherin a try! (if I'm not having fun I'll change it up later on), but for now let the good times roll!

My username is CrimsonWatch6926 (that is cooler then the other name I got) :flowerforyou: everyone is welcome to add me and I'll try to go back through and add everyone's who's shared their names :wink:

:) sounds like a good plan!
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    Why is Wizard's Duel so freakin' hard?? I've only won three, and I've gotten my witch butt kicked over and over. I practice the spells but they never seem to do well even when I do them perfectly. How are people getting like 140 spell potency? Does anyone know which spells are the most potent?
  • Gertie_Brinks
    Options
    Why is Wizard's Duel so freakin' hard?? I've only won three, and I've gotten my witch butt kicked over and over. I practice the spells but they never seem to do well even when I do them perfectly. How are people getting like 140 spell potency? Does anyone know which spells are the most potent?

Full Body-Bind is the best spell to use in dueling it seems. It takes practice (for me anyway), duel against your house to practice the spell. A score over 140 is good, the highest I've managed is 143.

I think brewing potions is far harder :sad:
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options

Full Body-Bind is the best spell to use in dueling it seems. It takes practice (for me anyway), duel against your house to practice the spell. A score over 140 is good, the highest I've managed is 143.

I think brewing potions is far harder :sad:
    I use Full Body Bind just about every duel and usually manage between 90 and 93. :(
  • esmecgg
    esmecgg Posts: 38
    Options
    Hello! I'm Sicklesnitch19117 - feel free to add me! (Ravenclaw)
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options
    In case you are interested they have released the first four chapters of Chamber of Secrets. It is more interactive and you have to complete challenges every now and then to move on.

Oh and slytherin won the first house cup but Gryffndore wasn't too far behind.