Fun Topic - Shoes

Options
lelaspeaks
lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
Does anyone else in this height range struggle with high heels? It's not that I can't walk in them, heck, I can run in them. It's just that I feel that I'm in the height range that if I'm wearing them, I'm some sort of monster towering over anyone. Tall girls can like tall shoes too, right?

Replies

• SME1976
    SME1976 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I always say... you can never be too tall! I love heels and everyone at work always comments when I do wear them. It's fine though... I wear them because they make me feel good and not for other people anyway :)
    So to answer your question... YES tall girls can wear tall shoes!
  • jengigs
    jengigs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've never considered myself tall at 5' 7"! Maybe that's because I'm the short one in my family. My mom is 6'. So no, I've never felt too tall wearing heels.
  • lelaspeaks
    Options
    I always get comments when I wear anything above a 2" heel. But I just bought two new pairs of shoes - 4" and 5" and I LOVE them, but when I wear them I feel like a giant. I think my husband is even scared of me because he's 6' tall. I guess it all depends on perspective whether you think 5'7" is tall or not. All of my friends are shorter than me and my family is the same height or shorter. I think 5'7" is tall, but I would take additional inches any day of the week! That's what she said.
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    OMG yes!! And of course everyone has to comment on "how tall you are!" It's like I get it, I'm tall in flats and taller in heels! I mark it up to jealousy, especially since I;ve started working out, my legs are KILLER!!! Be jealous shorties!
  • 0EmmeNicole0
    0EmmeNicole0 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    i used to have that problem because my best friends growing up were all 5'2/5'3 and I was always the tall one...but then I met another one of my best friends while working in college and she is 6'2! She wears stiletto heels all the time and is easily 6'7 when she does, but that doesn't stop her and she always looks fab doing it. It made me realize that confidence while wearing the heels is all that matters. You wear the shoes don't let the shoes wear you.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Humph,, if it's not at LEAST 3 inches...I'm not wearing them~ My problem is I need a 12 step program for the out of control purchases. Nothing like a woman gliding confidently across the floor in some sexy heels!

SincerelyJane: Fantastic quote : "You wear the shoes don't let the shoes wear you."
  • lelaspeaks
    Options
    Well I am supposed to go to some fancy drinking thing tomorrow. I'm wearing 5 inches. I'll let you know how many comments I get :wink:
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I feel like a giant in heels (and I stomp like one while wobbling like Bambi on ice) but luckily my boyfriend is 6"4 so I can wear them around him, it's my small family members I feel I'm towering over!
  • daniii6
    daniii6 Posts: 23
    Options
    I love wearing heels but I always feel like I am too tall with them. I've never had boyfriends more than 2-3 inches taller than me so when I wear them we are basically the same height and sometimes I'm taller. I feel like a giant haha