Quasita
Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
Name: Lynn
Birthday: 10/20/1982
SW: 485
CW: 440ish
GW: 285
UGW: 215

I was born and raised here in Omaha, and have lived here all my life with the exception of college, which I spent down in Lincoln, NE. No, I'm not a Husker fan :P
I am a disabled (former) athlete. I was a fast pitch softball pitcher looking at college recruitment when I was catastrophically injured in my last season. At that time, I had to choose...intense rehab to return to the mound, or less intense measures and concentrate on school. I went with school, which I do regret sometimes, because the following year, I became anorexic/binge eating sufferer, and gained over 100 pounds.
After that, it was all downhill so to speak. I suffered from SAD, depression, self-harm, anxiety, etc etc. My weight got worse as I fed my depression and self-hate with food.
It wasn't until I actually tried to make conscious effort to turn my life around that doctors believed me when I said I didn't eat much usually. I developed refeeding syndrome and became very sick, and eluded the attempts at diagnosis until one doctor decided to test me for starvation. Hormone therapy was started, and it took a year of Synthroid before my thyroid functioned normally. This is why you'll see me ranting at people about starvation mode.

After that, it's been a struggle between my eating disorder and the desire to lose weight. It wasn't until I started working on MFP that I realized that though I was eating more regularly, I was still undereating. Once I corrected this, I began to actually lose. Now I've got the bug and I'm trying to encourage others at my job and in my life to meet challenges... To become a Righteous and Awesome WarrioR. That's why I started this group :)

Replies

• mommiex42011
    Options
    Name: Aimee
    Birthday: September 11, 1981
    SW: 201
    CW: 184ish
    GW: 155
    UGW: 135

I was born and raised (mostly) in the mountains of NC. My family moved here a few days after I turned 15. At first I hated it here but, once I made some amazing, lifelong friends, grew up, met my husband, and started a family, I wouldn't dream of living anywhere else!

I am a WAHM of four amazingly wonderful kids! Boo is my mini-me! She looks and acts just like her mama! ;) She will be 11 years old in December. Bubba is our only son (as of now). He is all boy but, has the sweetest heart! He turns 8 in November. Princess Pea is a daddy's girl! She loves anything princess, pink, and girly! Her 7th birthday is in October. Bug is our baby. She has to be at my side at all times. If she cannot see me or feel me, she freaks a little. She just turned 4 in March. My Fantastic Four share my heart with their daddy, Joe. We have been together since Jan 29, 2004 and married since Feb. 12, 2005. We share our home with 5 chihuahuas (and 6 litters born each year), a cat, a guinea pig, and soon, a baby African Grey. :)

I've had a few weight loss journies- one right after Bug was born where I went from 175 to 162, the start of last year where I went from 201 to 175. This is my final journey! There is no stopping me now! ;)
  • ChunkySpice
    ChunkySpice Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Since I didn't do it before...

Name: Jasmin
    Birthdate: 12-29-80 (yes, I am 31 even though I look 18)
    Height: 5'2
    SW: 221
    CW: 201
    GW: 180
    UGW: Depends on how I feel at 180, maybe 160

I live in central Pennsylvania with a disabled rabbit. My ex has our two kids. My son is 4 and my daughter is 18mo.
    I work for the state Department of Public Welfare, taking care of individuals with mental health and retardation concerns. I met my fiance on Twitter... he lives 330mi away and I don't want to move.

Until I was 15 I was normal size. Then in April 2006 the guy I had been dating less than a month assaulted me then broke up with me two days later. I got pregnant and miscarried at 5mo. after gaining 25lbs. Over the next three years I gained another 40, bringing me to 190 at graduation. I maintained 180 for several years before losing 23 in a month of severely restricted calories. I was happy at 160. It came back with a vengeance when I started eating normally. Then I got pregnant with my son and gained 34lbs, which I lost immediately... til I went on Depo. I gained 25 back in three months, lost it when I stopped the shots, then discovered I was pregnant again. I only gained 13 with my daughter because I tried to stay active.

Recently I've come to realize I used food to desexualize myself after what happened as a teen. So, not only do I have self-esteem issues but I'm also (non-medicated) bipolar with ptsd. (Sorry for the novel but it felt important.)
  • ToFatT0B3S1ck
    ToFatT0B3S1ck Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Name: Amy
    Birthday: 4/15/1987
    SW: 284
    CW: 175
    GW: 160
    UGW: 150 (For Now)

Being blunt would probably be the best way to go about doing this. First, the diagnosis. Bipolar 1 with Mania. I was diagnosed in 2000 when I was 13 years old. That was also the year that I got pregnant with my first child. I gave birth November 19, 2001 at the age of 14.

I didn't really track my weight much through the years. I was on and off of medications trying to get the Bipolar under control. I started out at 13 and weighted 150 pounds and wore a size 7. At the age of 16, I hit the 200 pound mark. I stayed around that weight until I was 18 (which is when I got married). I got pregnant in 2007 and gave birth the weight started piling on. I honestly don't even know what range I was in. In 2009 I found out I was pregnant again and gave birth in 2010. I weighed myself after delivery and saw the scale read 284 pounds. I decided to do something about it and began losing weight as a New Years Resolution on January 1, 2011.

I got down to 186 pounds and found out I was pregnant in 2012. I got up to 215 during my pregnancy. I gave birth May of 2013. Here we are in October and I am weighing in at 175 pounds, only 25 pounds away from my goal. I've had a lot of things interrupt my weight loss, but here I am still trying to reach my goal. "You cannot be considered a failure unless you give up".
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Name: Heather
    Birthday: 11/14/1986
    SW: 330
    CW: 291
    GW: 120

Well I don't know really what to say :), Other than I am a very to the point person. I have always been a big baby/teen/young woman.
    My weight started to climb when I was 10 years old and my family got divorced. It crushed me as I had to move with my mother ( father wanted nothing to do with me) and lost all my friends and my riding barn ( oh forgot to mention Horse OBSESSED here). This was a huge start to my bulimic issues and emotional eating. First it started with the emotional eating,got called a whale at school and then I started forcing myself to throw up after every meal and or didn't eat. At the time my family found out I was 175lbs and passed out on the bathroom floor from my body slowly shutting down. My mother (my savior) had my rear into a doctors office the next day, after having found out what I was doing. I slowly started to get myself under control and got my weight down to 150. But then High school got worse and by the time I graduated I was 200lbs.
    After graduation I started working and slowly working on my weight and then met my husband :), SUPER happy in my marriage but then fell in love with cheesecake as well. 2 years later step on the scale was 250lbs YIKES!! Started working on my weight hardcore. then 3 1/2 years ago was in a very serious car accident, was down for the count for 1 1/2 years (couldn't walk or do much of anything but emotional comfort eat) Got into PT and got my weight slowly going down, but then no more than 4 months later was hit hardcore by my doctor saying I needed a second surgery. This upset me deeply as it was back on bed rest and emotional eating. In the end I started at 330lbs :(.. I was so devastated that I fell into a SEVERE depression and just cried and all that stuff that comes with it. I then told myself (along with my husband and mother pushing as well) that being unhappy and not doing anything about it wasn't going to help me. SO I started hardcore training with Dvds, doing 200 swimming laps, walking 5 miles (whenever my leg allowed it, was still recovering at that point) and riding horses.

NOW in my life I am 291 :), still doing all I listed above ( minus laps due to winter lol) added a Personal Trainer and Strength Training and I am still battling that weight/scale :p but don't you worry all I have to keep saying is "Suck It Up Princess." and push forward!
  • AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Name: AmberJade
    Birthday: 09/06/1986
    SW: 380
    CW: 299.2
    GW: 275
    UGW: 160

No one has posted in here in a long time, I hope it's okay for me to do so!

My weightloss has been interesting. I started in 09/2012 at 380lbs. I had gotten all the way down to 260 but I moved and stopped working at my old job and I've gained a bit back. Trying to get back on track again. So hi people! My names Amber!