Warrior in June

mstaser
mstaser Posts: 657 Member
Is anyone doing the Warrior Dash this June. Should be a great time.

http://warriordash.com/register2012_illinois.php

Replies

• HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 363 Member
    I am so so close to signing up for this. It is even part of my profile want-to-do's.
  • mstaser
    I have never done one but have read a lot about the ones in the past. Its more of a party then a race. Only a few people there are actually trying to get thru it fast. Most just go out and take their time and just get thru it.

My wife and I are going on Saturday (which is totally full). They have spots open for Sunday afternoon
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 363 Member
    it is that one or the one in Wisconsin or even Minnie since I have friends who have already done it in both states.
    It is for sure a party. You get giant beer at the end.

let me know what you both think afterwards!
  • jhealy1191
    jhealy1191 Posts: 56 Member
    Hey guys! I did the one last year with a group of friends in Channahon. It was definitely a blast and a good time. Ive ran in a reguakr 5k prior to the Warrior Dash(also a 5k) and the Warrior Dash seemed to go by a lot faster between all the obstacles and fun along the way.

My advice would be to go on the first day offered (Saturday) just for the fact that the course gets pretty trashed and messy by Sunday. But hey...if youre running in it you must be okay with getting dirty, so by all means do Sunday then!

Im pretty new on here aside from the creeping anonymously. Feel free to add me if youd like some advice/encouragement, and we can chat Warrior to Warrior :)
  • bstoetzer
    bstoetzer Posts: 96
    This is something I've thought about doing, but not sure if I'm ready or not.
  • mstaser
    This is something I've thought about doing, but not sure if I'm ready or not.

There are a lot of people that do this that have never even thought about fitness in MANY years. Many walk thru the course and just take their time. Get some friends and have a great time. Thats what its all about.
  • J0ET
    J0ET Posts: 33 Member
    Hi All! I signed up a few weeks ago for the Aug 18 Warrior in WI. This will be my first & I'm really looking forward to it! I made sure to sign up as a St. Jude Warrior - raise money for the kids & guarantee a private shower after the race! :bigsmile: I'm really new here and could use a whole bunch of friends, so add me - please!
  • mstaser
    Next weekend!

Who will be there?
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    I'll be there!! Doing it Sunday with my dad...his Father's Day gift!! We ran it last year on Father's Day as well. Can't wait. We had a blast last time.