Looking for Some Fitness Pals!

Options
Jamisonanne
Jamisonanne Posts: 25 Member
Hi! My name is Jamison Williams I am 22 and Super Senior getting my B.A. in psych. I have just recently started my weightloss journey after gaining my freshman 15... sophomore 15.... and junior 10! I've been yo-yo dieting for the past few years and I am ready to make a serious change so I can be the healthy, sexy, powerful woman I know I am meant to be. I would love make some more friends on this site and get/give more support- it makes a huge difference! I would love to hear your stories, successes, and share mine as well! Please don't hesitate to add!!!

:smile:

Replies

• lexiss91
    lexiss91 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi Jamison!
    My name's Alexis. I too am in college as well but I'm trying to get my B.A. in Social Work. I've been on a weightloss journey for as long as I can remember (I recently tried weight watchers for a few months but it didn't help much). I mostly am doing it because I want to be healthy and love myself more. I workout with my wii every single day and I walk constantly but to be honest with you I keep eating the bad stuff (Hamburgers, Pizza, I also had cheesecake today because it's the end of the semester and I'm stressed out! Lol). But hey I'm just taking it one day at a time and not losing focus of the main goal. I actually have 100+ lbs to lose so I have a pretty long way to go. I would love to be your fitnesspal buddy and also feel free to ad or message me or whatever if anything is on your mind or you just want to vent! Good luck on this weightloss journey of yours and just know that I believe in you 110% and I know you're going to accomplish amazing things!
  • ldaniana
    ldaniana Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello!
    My name is Daniana and I have been using this site for some time but I just recently started trying to make friends on here. I would love to be your fitness buddy! I am 21 and attending a community college in Cleveland, Ohio. I am in the paralegal program and should be finished this August. I have 30 pounds to lose and I could use all the support I can get. It's hard to try to do it when you don't have anyone around you really that understands what you are going through. We can all help each other out!
  • Jamisonanne
    Options
    Hi! Thank you both for your replies! It makes such a difference to have support and I look forward to cheering both of you on as you are on your way to success!! I think making the decision to start is half of the battle so kudos to both of you already! I definitely have an issue with eating too especially during finals! I'm trying to move back home from Cali this summer so this week has been studying/packing/saying goodbye to people (which means a lot of booze) and getting a lot of fast food! I've gotten a little discouraged! I know exactly what you mean about not having people who know what you are going through because it seems like people are just tempting me at every turn this week! I hope both of you lovely ladies have a happy and healthy rest of this week!
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Katie I'm 37 and a college freshman .
  • sammytwitch
    Options
    I'm Samantha and I just finished my sophomore year. I am working on my BA in psychology and one in criminal justice as well as board certification as a behavior analyst. I gained 50lbs in the last year that I have learned is from a medical issue. I am constantly sick and am going to a million doctors to figure it all out. They think it might be cushings disease. Ontop of school, being sick, working as a behavior therapist, I now also feel horrible about myself because I look terrible with an extra 50lbs. I just joined here to try and get myself healthy and looking and feeling better but I don't know anyone else who is in the same position around me. But looking at this website it seems I am far from alone! If anyone wants to friend me I can use all the support I can get! I also have a lot of support to give as well :)
  • ArtsieSarah
    ArtsieSarah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Heyy I'm 19 and I will be a sophomore this year :) Add me if u want some MFP friends!! I'm really motivated to reach my goal!

Starting: 168
    Current: 158.8
    Goal:135-130
    Height: 5'5"
  • Jamisonanne
    Options
    Thanks everyone for replying I will add you all and wish you luck on your journey!!
  • lrebelo182
    lrebelo182 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I just graduated with a BA in Media studies - now I'm living with my boyfriend and 2 roommates, and working full time at the university I graduated from. .I want to shed about 7-10 pounds (gotta get my bikini body on for summer!) but I'm even more interested in keeping motivated to work out and stay away from unhealthy food (I'm a chip addict). I really want to flatten the beer belly that university gave me, and think this new stage in my life is a good opportunity to make healthy living a priority. I'm having a hard time getting started, and living with boys has made things even harder! I've used MFP on my iPod before to track calories but I plan to log in on the computer every day at work now to really track my progress.

A lot of my girlfriends that I used to work out with or help keep me motivated have moved now that we graduated and I'm looking for some help keeping on track! Add me :) we can keep each other motivated!!
  • kitsrain
    kitsrain Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey Im Kit im 21 still stuck at the jc FLC. I want to become a kindergarden teacher and being healthly is a big part of that. I want to be an example for the little ones. i have been doing well so far but so friends would be super awsome. My goal is to be 130lb by the end of the year. Anyone who want to help me reach that is more then welcome to be my friend; just add me.
  • MuffRuff
    MuffRuff Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a senior in college with a BA in Studio Art and finishing up my other two degrees in Japanese and Economics. I started my journey last year. I have about ten more pounds to lose until I am in the healthy range, but forty-two more pounds to lose to attain my goal. Add me as a MFP.

sammytwitch- Sorry to hear about your struggles, but MFP has a lot of support. Add me as a MFP.
  • ojosazules09
    ojosazules09 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just graduated with my BA in Psychology/Youth and Non-Profit Leadership. I live in an area where fried food is the answer, and struggled with depression a lot in undergrad. I went from 128 all the way up to 198!..I've lost about 10 pounds now, and am hoping to lose more as I move across the country to a different area to work on graduate school. Feel free to add me! I love seeking answers to nutrition questions and having motivation partners. BTW...I'm 23 and 5'8".
  • kdtink
    kdtink Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there everyone! My name is Meredith. I am a 35 year old student nurse and I have recently dedicated myself to changing my body. I have always been "thick" but the last few years I have stopped trying to fix it. I was a swimmer all through high school, so I was never a thin little lady. I just started packing on the pounds for years. I gained some weight in college (the first time around) then worked at a desk job for 12 years, which did nothing to help me slim down.

I decided to grab a Groupon for a bootcamp trial (6 week trial for $35) in May and figured, even if I hated it, I wasn't out much money for trying. To my surprise, I loved it! So I am trying, like REALLY trying, to get back in shape for the first time in more than 15 years. I am finally doing the weight loss thing the right way and for the right reasons.

My goal is to be at my "ideal" weight (130-135 lbs) before graduation in May. Any motivation, friends, support would be welcome. The real test will come when school starts again in August and I have school, work, and bootcamp all to juggle.