Deep Waters

Options
lalalee13
lalalee13 Posts: 60 Member
Hi lovely ladies,
I have been experiencing some sweet new things in my relationship with the Lord
through this process of pursuing health and healing. I would love to hear your stories...
What has God been showing you about Himself- His nature? What has the Lord
shown you about who He wants to be for you? How has your relationship with Him
changed so far through this journey? Has He spoken new things about His plans for you?
What scriptures have meant the most to you lately?

I have been through a very difficult time with my dad falling and working on living
arrangements and taking care of everything else for my parents. This week I will
be packing up my childhood home where my parents lived for 52 years. Saturday they
will move to an assisted living place. In the past several weeks I have gained and lost the
same three pounds, excusing this because of the challenging times. This week my goal
is to lean into the Lord and let Him minister to me instead of looking to food.

Through this time I have experienced God's presence in a new way. I have a quietness
and the awareness of Him being with me is greater than ever before. In the past I have
focused on whatever the current problem was. What am I going to do? Lord, you need to
fix this... does this mean you don't love me? This time I am focused on Him. On who He
is, who He wants to be for me in this situation. There is nothing that can separate me from
His love. The song the Lord has given me for this season is called "Believe" by Hillsong. It may bless
you as well. "He is making all things new!"
I will share more later, but I want to hear from you!
I will not have my computer this week, but will try to check in from my phone. Blessings!

Replies

• lalalee13
    lalalee13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Also, I meant to ask for prayers for my parents. For their comfort and peace and mostly that Jesus
    would use this time to draw them closer. They have always gone to church but do not seem to desire
    to go to the deeper places. Thanks!
  • BudandGriz68
    Options
    I really like your posts. I will pray for your parents to draw nearer to the Lord. God is showing me that I need to keep trying, even if I fail. I want to keep my focus on him. I am trying to read through the Bible. I am reading, "The Bible in 90 days". It has taken me nine months to get almost halfway through. I am currently in the Psalms. Psalms 5, verses 1 through 3, and verses 11 through 12 have inspired me lately. Psalms 5:1-3 reminds me to seek Him and wait for Him. Psalms 5:11-12 encourages me, as I am going through a challenge at work. I don't want to focus too much on diet and exercise to the exclusion of my relationship with Him. I want to finish reading through the Bible, too.
  • weadorehim
    weadorehim Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll pray for your parents...I just joined tonight. My parents have lived with me for the last 5 years-neither one were doing well. My father died early in Feb. this year of Alzheimer's.
    My 22 year old son was diagnosed 4 months ago with cancer.
    I really need to loose weight and thought doing it with "wise women of faith" might be a good environment to do it in. I've known the Lord for over 30 years but these last few months have been so difficult!
    Thanks for listening.