Salt tablets/Endurolytes/Electrolytes question

I am training for my first marathon, which will be in Mid-June. I have done 5 half-marathons in the past and did not have much issue with the heat/humidity, or if I did, it was close to the finish. My training has been going well, but I am concerned with the prospect of high temperatures and electrolyte balance. I carry water and gels, and don't use sports drinks at all - I am put off by the horrible aftertaste. Since it is starting to warm up here, should I be considering something like Endurolytes and incorporating them into my training? My race is June 17th, with highs in the 70's , but it could be hotter. I don't have any running buddies to ask for experience, so you are my sounding board! Thanks in advance - Melissa in Michigan

Replies

• brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    I really like Endurolytes. I take them during heavy training cycles as a supplement and up the dosage during the warmer months. I have never taken them during a race though. I do know people who have and who have said they were beneficial
  • cybershaz
    cybershaz Posts: 21 Member
    I don't use any gels, gummies, sports drinks, etc. and solely rely on electrolyte tabs for longer runs (30km is my max race length so far). I use Salt Stick pills every 45 min or so, and so far they've been good.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 654 Member
    YES... they do good things for me. Give Infinit Nutrition a try, you can create your own customized drink/gel. you mix it with little water toss it in a running flask and you have everything you need in that flask. BTW they have great customer service, you don't like your mix send it back and create a new one at no charge.