Introductions, please?!

Options
2»

Replies

• missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    Hi!!

I'm currently 240lbs put some on due to depression but back and fighting.
    if i can lose 10lbs then great more would be better but we'll see!!
  • nataliemarie387
    nataliemarie387 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi All! My name is Natalie and I am from Buffalo NY. After graduating from college and getting a desk job that has me on my *kitten* 10-11 hours a day, I steadily gained some excess weight. I am 25 years old and ready to get rid of it! :)

I have a bunch of things motivating me right now: my fiances birthday weekday weeked/Memorial Day weekend on the beach (at the end of May), trip to Ireland (at the end of August), and my wedding (August 2013). I want to be back to my comfortable weight by my wedding, but in the meantime, I'd like to look hot this summer. I joined this group because it will help me get to where I want to be by Memorial Day!

I have used MFP for exactly one month and I'm loving it so far. The community is great and I love to give and recieve the moral support (please feel free to add me if you'd like to be buddies). I am just starting month 2 of P90X. I aim to eat around 1600 cals a day. Now that I am fairly consistent with the # of cals, I want to work on cleaning up my food choices and cutting carbs and sugar.

Here are some stats:
    Height: 5'6"
    Starting Weight (March 28 2012): 125 lbs
    Current Weight (April 28 2012): 119 lbs
    Goal Weight (August 2013): 110 lbs
    Starting pant size: 2/26
    Goal pant size: 0/25

Current Measurements:
    Chest: 34"
    Waist: 27" (want 25')
    Hips: 24"
    Thigh: 20" (want 18')
    Bicep: 11"
  • Momoftwins1987
    Momoftwins1987 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! My name is Heather and I am 25 years old. I have four kids and they are my main reason for wanting to lose weight and get back in shape. I want to be able to go to the park and run around with them without having trouble breathing. I weigh 178 right now, my goal weight is 130. I know I can do this with support from y'all :)
  • tprice916
    tprice916 Posts: 22
    Options
    HI everyone thats joined! Some good news this morning. One lb gone when I looked at the scale today! WOOOHOOO. We can do it! On a good track so far. I plan on moving around the living room today or tomorrow so I can start with some Kinect exercise to tone me up. Anyone recommend any games for decent results? Seems like thats the easiest for me since its 'fun' for right now with my time constraints.

Also if any of you would like to add me feel free :happy:
  • kguiste
    kguiste Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kaye. I'm a Navy wife, currently living in Jacksonville, FL, but I'm from Pensacola, FL. I have four kids; three boys ages 11, 6 and 3, and a 23 month old little princess. I still have 35-40 pounds to lose from my last two pregnancies. I love MFP and it has helped me so much. I am becoming a runner, and want to run a half marathon by next year. I look forward to getting to know you all and supporting one another on this journey!
  • Ginny_Hami
    Options
    Hello everyone 
    Looking forward to spending a great month of May with all you MFP. I am a 39ish married mother of two grown kids living in Edmonton AB. My plan for the month of May is to exercise, be accountable for my intake of food and drink my water. What a great way to get ourself motivated with a great group of people. I’ve never been in a group challenge before and I’m sure with all your help, we can all succeed.

Good luck to everyone
    Ginny
  • miss_september
    Options
    Howdy! I'm 28 years old, live in Alaska, and am looking forward to the summer when my job as a horticultural technician gets me back out in the fields and moving again =-). I've been "obese" for as long as I can remember, but always have been fairly active. I got into doing sprint triathlons three years ago, and running 5ks for fun last year--I just have never really done the food-control thing. I lost 20 lbs fall of 2010, and kept it off for a year, just by exercise and counting calories. I joined MFP in January, wanting to lose weight again, and as of monday I am down 28 lbs. I still have quite a bit to go, but thought that joining in on this 10-lb challenge by the end of May will really help motivate me. I have my first of two sprint triathlons for this season on May 22nd, so I've been trying to up my exercise time in these last few crunch weeks. Looking forward to doing this--and great to meet everyone so far!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just joined the challenge today. I was doing great with my weight loss from January through March. Then I kept getting sick (coughs, stuffy noses, etc.), and it sidelined me for a few weeks. Ever since that, I have had a very hard time getting back into this. I have gained back weight that I fought so hard to lose, and I don't want to gain any more! I am here to stay accountable and to join all of you in losing weight in May :)
  • merilewa
    merilewa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone:

I have always struggled with weight as well. I know someone else had put that also I had usually been successful with conquering it up I turned 30 I started noticing a difference and have put on quite a bit of weight. I have gotten up the highest I have ever. I have been trying to lose weight. I have lost 10 since January. The fact is I need to lose 70 more to be at a healthy weight for me. I know what it takes I just have not been motivated to do it because I know it will be a long journey. Anyways...excited to be in this challenge...it will encourage me to get back in the groove. I had been at a plateau. Good luck to everyone...we can do this!:wink:
  • funky_stripes
    funky_stripes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    so i just snacked on raw cookie dough, im hoping it wont effect the scale in the morning when i submit my weight
  • invisibleorchid
    invisibleorchid Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,I'm Jordan and I'm from Yorkshire in the Uk. I am trying to lose weight because my clothes weren't fitting and I felt disgusting. I am currently 121 and want to be 112,so am already 1lb into this goal but need a push for the last few pounds. Looking forward to cheering you all on!
  • adalton6
    adalton6 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Amber. I am 30 years old, a mom to 4 wonderful children and weigh in at 211.5. I have lost 34 lbs since last march. I have had some ups and downs but thats life. I want to loose 30lbs by the end of july. SO this is a great challenge for me. My first goal weight is 150 then go from there to see if I want to go lower. Look forward to getting to know you all feel free to add me!
    Amber :wink:
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    so i just snacked on raw cookie dough, im hoping it wont effect the scale in the morning when i submit my weight

haha, its okay. yesterday was my weekly chicken wings and a small side of fries cheat day... eek! good thing i stayed the same weight! haha :)
  • hcdawg
    hcdawg Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi, I'm glad to join in with this challenge, I am 36 with wife and 3 children. I live near Greenville, South Carolina. I have only been using MFP for about 2 weeks and already I have learned a great deal that has and will continue to help me! I had lost some weight prior to joining but was at a standstill. My goal is 170 but will be somewhere just under 200 after this month of may!! Thanks for having me!!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Sarah and have been having a hard time eating healthy lately!! Currently training for my first half marathon but my terrible eating habits are not helping me any!!

I hope this challenge will get me back on track to healthy eating !!!
  • terryjo623
    terryjo623 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hello!!
    I am Terry-Jo, mother of two and full time waitress. I love MFP!! I have lost 25lbs since starting in February.
    I am excited to be part of this challenge, I did a 5lbs one for April and lost 7 so this might give me a bit more motivation.
    I started this program at 260 with a goal weight of 160 but for this challenge my SW is 235 with a GW of 225.
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
  • treatdream
    treatdream Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Patty. I got really serious about being healthy and quit sugar this past January. I have been more lenient with my diet since Easter and have maintained but haven't been losing. I am back to a no sugar diet starting today and I just finished an elliptical version of c25k on Friday. I'm going to start working on running outside and doing some weight training with Jillian Michaels 30DS mixed in here and there.

Happy to be a part of the group. I know we can do this!

5' 9''
    HW: 238 (Jan '11)
    CW: 196
    GW: 160
  • krickett84
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and looking to loose the baby weight. My daughter is 3 and my son is 10 months. Started MFP in March weighing in at 165 and am down to 157. Hoping to eventually get to 125-130. Good luck to all of you!
  • _jh_
    _jh_ Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I would love to lose at least 10 lbs before we leave for Hawaii in a couple of months.

Good luck eveyrone!