I just want a vegan boyfriend...

Options
why is that so hard to come by, or ask for? I just want to make him scrambled tofu in the mornings and we have an amazing cruelty free lifestyle.

--sorry I just have a lot of feelings--
*goes home*

Replies

• MirelaH
    MirelaH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I would love to find a nice vegan guy. The probability of that is very slim though. :(
  • tigerdactyl
    tigerdactyl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Find a smart guy and convert him! That's what my wife did.
  • donnaforbes1
    Options
    Thats what I am doing with my wonderful husband.. .slowly but surely, converting him! The way to a mans heart, IS very often through his stomach!!
  • kyoules
    kyoules Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't trade my omnivore husband for all the vegan guys in the world. :) I am pretty lucky... he eats just about everything I cook, and since I love cooking, it works out for us. He eats meat when we go out or visit family, and on occasion cooks it at home for himself. But there's a lot more to our relationship than the food we eat.
  • yesbethin
    yesbethin Posts: 14
    Options

Haha considering the chances for me to find a vegan person (man or woman) where I live are extremely low, I should do this! Find a smart guy and convert him! So easy to say, yet so hard to get it done :grumble:
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    In Houston we have the Vegan Meetup Group. Go to Meetup.com and see if you can't find one in your area.

Hang out where the vegans hang out: animal sanctuaries, vegetarian restaurants, farmer's markets, whole foods.... :wink:

He's out there and he's looking for you too, rest assured.
  • sofinthesky
    sofinthesky Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I "converted" my boyfriend, well he is actually vegetarian.. but he's on the way. It wasn't my intention, but now I'm really glad it happened. I can't really imagine a relationish with an omni anymore.
  • Veganlover
    Options
    My boyfriend was actually the one who converted me! :blushing: Before we started dating though... He once told me he knew a girl who "would only date vegan guys" and I thought that was so dumb at the time.. but now, I totally get it. Veganism is almost like a religion, haha. So when you're on the same page about your lifestyle, ethics, supporting each other, etc. it makes life not only easier, but better in my opinion.
    So yeah, do what my guy did, find a smart, healthy person and convert em!
    Most people are just intimidated by the label "vegan" but when you see that its a do-able thing, it's not such a foreign idea.
  • Meganalva
    Meganalva Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend & I kinda just went at it together! We both researched and read and read some more and realized it was the better lifestyle so we're both starting at this new together! :)
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    My friend is mostly vegetarian, and she's about to marry the vegan man of her dreams. :)
  • Mera_Mera
    Mera_Mera Posts: 153
    Options
    I wish... but I'm happy with my omnivore husband. He makes me happy!
  • smesch
    smesch Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey - we're out there. Maybe few and far between, but I'm pretty sure there's at least a couple of us. :)
  • jennys11
    jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
    Options

I did the same thing to my boyfriend, who is now my husband. Vegan food is so delicious! I would make vegan food and he would eat it without question. "Oh this is so good!" he always said. Then I would tell him, he didn't care because it was so good.
  • adamcrisis
    adamcrisis Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ahh, the bonus plus side of being a male vegan. The lopsided girl to guy ratio.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I feel truly blessed as my partner of 10 years is vegan and our kids are vegan. I couldn't imagine it any different. I would say vegan dudes are way harder to find than vegan chicks.
  • Talazws
    Talazws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I wish I could convert my boyfriend! After 6.5 years together he is still an omnivore! It is one of the few things that I wish I could change about him. Living with a meat eater is hard, especially when I come home to an apartment that smells like bacon, or a sink filled with beefy dishes. The dairy I can live with, but the meat is always a challenge. He eats anything I cook, but he "has" to have meat with some meals. It really disturbs me!