One for the men w/ online profiles...

Options
2»

Replies

• Cindy68164
    Cindy68164 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Guys are *kitten* in general. They say they don't like "games", yet are attracted to the girls that play them. You responded with interest, so you are no longer interesting to him. Ignore him and he will be a puppy by your side.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I'm finding the same to be true from the women. I'm on Match... I'll get a few 'winks' and ice-breaker messages, and when I send a response... never hear from them again. I'm very polite and keep my reply short at first.

I have noticed that I tend to get Spam 'winks' on Match... that are essentially bogus accounts - case in point.. got 2 'winks' about an hour apart... both had the exact written details and personal content in their profiles, almost identical pics (same poses, makeup, face expression, and such), but both accounts were from different parts of the country. The plagiarized profiles is was gave it away.

Trust me, girls play the same games they claim to to hate men to play. I figure if I throw out enough hooks, I'll eventually catch me one worth keeping. :-)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I'm finding the same to be true from the women. I'm on Match... I'll get a few 'winks' and ice-breaker messages, and when I send a response... never hear from them again. I'm very polite and keep my reply short at first.

I have noticed that I tend to get Spam 'winks' on Match... that are essentially bogus accounts - case in point.. got 2 'winks' about an hour apart... both had the exact written details and personal content in their profiles, almost identical pics (same poses, makeup, face expression, and such), but both accounts were from different parts of the country. The plagiarized profiles is was gave it away.

Trust me, girls play the same games they claim to to hate men to play. I figure if I throw out enough hooks, I'll eventually catch me one worth keeping. :-)

I have gotten them too and almost always is a ploy to get one to pay for a premium service to read the email.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options

Interesting...makes me never want to go on Match!

On a personal note, I hate winks and pre-generated profile interest messages. You don't have to write me volumes, but a little something personal as an icebreaker would be nice!
  • JThomas61
    Options

On a personal note, I hate winks and pre-generated profile interest messages. You don't have to write me volumes, but a little something personal as an icebreaker would be nice!

:wink: Hello this is an automated wink from Match.com
  • scapez
    Options
    :wink: Hello this is an automated wink from Match.com
    Reported. Oh wait...I would have to report to myself or you. Nevermind. :grumble: :drinker:
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    It really could be a number of things.
    - He may have progressing things with someone else in the meantime (in that case, he probably should tell you, but figures you're there if this falls through).
    - He noticed something in your profile that he didn't see the first time. He didn't see your rant on not being a booty call, and that's what he wanted at the time.
    - His phone app makes it look like he's online, but he's not.
    - He realized he's gay and has not changed what he's looking for.
    - He's a jerk and figures playing hard to get will really turn you on.

:drinker:
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options

Hi...I'm JT...I think you have a great smile and look fantastic. I have been following your running accomplishments and must say I am quite impressed. I am free this weekend and wouldn't mind sharing a bottle of wine with you in say Dallas?
  • scapez
    Options

Hi...I'm JT...I think you have a great smile and look fantastic. I have been following your running accomplishments and must say I am quite impressed. I am free this weekend and wouldn't mind sharing a bottle of wine with you in say Dallas?

I like THIS better than what you were saying in this thread originally! I'm be there with bells on...no wait, that's boots. And a dress.
  • DavidOfOz
    DavidOfOz Posts: 225
    Options
    I would always respond.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    He was online but maybe on an iphone and didn't want to type out a long message on it... could be he is waiting till he is at a computer? Sounds dumb, but I do this.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I agree, just because someone is online doesn't mean that they felt like writing an email. Maybe they just wanted to read what you wrote and plan on replying later when they get some more free time.

But sometimes I just take an interest in someone else and forget to write people back. Or sometimes I read through their profiles again and notice something I didn't notice originally. Sometimes I just decide that she probably lives too far away. Sometimes they say something in their emails that is a turn off for whatever reason.

Sometimes they will email back but it will be a very short answer, or they don't sound very nice or ask me anything about myself and I feel like they're only writing be back to be polite. I'm also a bit ADD.
  • thenewmb
    thenewmb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of having done this before. The number one reason is because I spend too much time trying to think up the perfect thing to say and then by the time I've crafted the perfect response It's been ten days And I assume she's already moved on. My brain is always my worst enemy.
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Maybe he hasn't had the time to come up with a nice email yet. Or maybe he sent a bunch of emails out and found a new mate. I dont know. Don't give up. It's very rare for women to write men back on these damn online sites. I find him lucky that you responded to him.

I always write back even if I'm not interested. It's a nice gesture.

J