I Blame The French!

Options
Is it entirely my fault I'm overweight? I don't think so. I blame the French,

It's not difficult to see the conspiracy if you look at the historical record. From the earliest days of the American Republic, French influence on our diet has steadily increased. Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin spent time in France and helped popularize French food and wine in our nascent country. Jefferson, as President, often served French Vanilla ice cream on pound cake as dessert at White House dinners (that invariably featured French wines). Some sources also credit Jefferson for popularizing French fries. Who knows how many inches around our collective midsection are directly attributable to French fries?

Today, you just have to turn on the TV to see the diabolical French influence on our diet. Food shows are among the most popular on TV. Again, I blame the French!

Many have heard of Julia Child, "The French Chef" , but most are unaware of the background of the famous Foodie. During the Second World War she was a spy for the OSS, the precursor of the CIA. After the war she infiltrated PBS and began the trend of food tv shows that culminated with the creation of entire networks devoted to food.

So, it can't possibly be MY fault, I'm overweight. I'm just a victim of the diabolical French and their relentless crusade to take over the world through their delicious cuisine. They know if they can get the rest of us fat enough they will be able to finally realize Napoleon's great ambition of world conquest.

We have to stop the French from taking over the world one waistline at a time. Reject silken, butter-topped, French toast for breakfast! Refuse baskets of warm crusty French bread with your lunch salad. And when they ask, "Do you want Fries with that?" say, Non!

Hell Non!

Replies

• michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I LOVE reading your posts! Usually quite informative with a bit of humor...may I ask what your occupation is?
  • mikey3925
    mikey3925 Posts: 35
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I LOVE reading your posts! Usually quite informative with a bit of humor...may I ask what your occupation is?

Thank you kindly, Michelle! Believe it or not, in real life I'm a teacher. :noway:
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    NO WAY!!!! I, too, am a teacher! :laugh: This is my 12th year teaching in the special education department!
  • tjsrs
    tjsrs Posts: 5
    Options
    I love, love love my bad *kitten* group! You people rock! Hi everyone and Mikey! I've lost 4 lbs off since I last posted - just by eating less and upping my NEAT. I just want to say one thing - soda pop will kill you. Go cold turkey now. Also cut out juices. You will see immediate results w/your diets. The salt and sugar in those things is sabbotaging your efforts. I'm just sayin!

My skinny boss just put a giant Easter basket on my desk for the whole office. I asked her to find another place for it and she laughed, "You're so funny!" She may not live through the day.
  • tjsrs
    tjsrs Posts: 5
    Options
    Mikey, leave the French alone! You sound like the Mayor of Crazy Town! I'd die w/o red wine and french bread and an occassional croissant! Ooh la la!
  • mikey3925
    mikey3925 Posts: 35
    Options
    I love, love love my bad *kitten* group! You people rock! Hi everyone and Mikey! I've lost 4 lbs off since I last posted - just by eating less and upping my NEAT. I just want to say one thing - soda pop will kill you. Go cold turkey now. Also cut out juices. You will see immediate results w/your diets. The salt and sugar in those things is sabbotaging your efforts. I'm just sayin!

My skinny boss just put a giant Easter basket on my desk for the whole office. I asked her to find another place for it and she laughed, "You're so funny!" She may not live through the day.

That's so cool you were able to lose those 4 lbs! I love that upping the NEAT idea.

I've tried quitting Pepsi cold turkey. Lasted a month. It didn't work. I'm not ruling out trying again, but it's not practical right now (even though I know you are right that it would produce immediate results). Thanks for the suggestion all the same!

That "She might not live through the day" line was HILARIOUS!

& All modesty aside, I doubt that you've ever met anyone more qualified than me to be Mayor of Crazy Town. :devil: :drinker: :devil:
  • NattyBrarian
    NattyBrarian Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Newbie question: What is "upping the NEAT?"