New to group and WLS

Hi! I just had laproscopic RNY gastric bypass surgery on Mar.26, 2012, so I'm 3 wks post-op. having trouble getting all my protein and fluids in. Any tips or ideas?

Replies

• Protein shots have high amt of protein for small fluid volume. Also add unflavored protein to everything-- soup, pudding, yogurt, drinks, etc. I had same surgery Nov 2010. Trust me. Do everything u can to get your protein.
  • drmcclish
    drmcclish Posts: 9 Member
    I am on month 5 of my 6 month pre surgery program. I am very excited but also now starting to get nervous. I am not a big water drinker and still struggle with this. Someone mentioned here about getting enough protein. What is that about? Thanks
  • dcrdiva
    dcrdiva Posts: 8
    I had GBS in Oct 2009 and have lost over 120+ lbs. I don't regret it and wish I had done it sooner. In the early stages you will have some problems getting in your water and protein, but just don't quick, try some amounts and realize they do add up and it is ALL worth it! Good luck!
  • dcrdiva
    dcrdiva Posts: 8
    Yes, small amounts through out the day! I think we get overwhlemed at 8 oz, so sip slowly and consistently. I made up a schedule to make sure I got all my water in and protein, not easy, but well worh it. I have lost 120+ lbs and maintain well. Just riv up my game with 6 day a week exercise and have dropped another 10 in the last month. My GBS surgery was 10/09.
  • don666car
    don666car Posts: 167 Member
    it gets easier just keep trying doing the protien drinks? small amouts of water and often do you have a little timer to remind you that helped me alot
  • don666car
    don666car Posts: 167 Member
    how the surgery go? how you doing?
  • Keep water around all the time, sip, sip, sip. It all adds up. I use a powdered milk product called Sanalac for additional protein. you can add it to anything and it adds very little volume.

-- Mary D...