Cabin In The Woods

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
This is the last thing I saw.....and it was not bad....but it was VERY VERY strange. In fact, it has to be the weirdest movie I have ever seen.....

I would say it is worth a watch, as long as you go in knowning it makes little sense.....

I would have to say that I would like to see it again once it hits movie network, just knowning now what I did not know at the beginning might let me look out for other things....

Anyone else see this yet??

Replies

• jenlouise4
    jenlouise4 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello! Yes, I saw it. Definitely glad I avoided all hints about the plot since I only went when I saw the reviews were positive. The trailer made it look like an average horror but it wasn't that for sure.
    I thought it was quite good, definitely weird. Not really a horror fan myself so I like it when they're a bit more inventive and even better if they've a little bit of black comedy (Drag Me to Hell is another like that, in that it doesn't take itself too seriously- great film!).
    So yeah, that's my opinion :)
  • bdhoward87
    bdhoward87 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I loved The Cabin in the Woods! I'm not a huge horror fan but after hearing all the positive reviews from critics (which they hardly ever give horror films) I knew I just had to go see it.

TCITW is a hard movie to talk about because you don't want to give anything away. I wouldn't say that it makes "little sense" but it is a different movie and that's what is so great about it.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    That is actually what made me go see it too....when I saw the trailer, I was not interested, and then I saw the reviews, and changed my mind right quick......
  • jbcharles
    jbcharles Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    have you seen Troll Hunters?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I have never even heard of that.....
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I liked it. The main draw for me was that it was that Joss Whedon was involved and it was directed by Drew Goddard. My wife absolutely loved it, and she's not a fan of Buffy or any other Whedon stuff.