Let's Make Some Noise

Options
RheneeB
RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
Hey there ladies and gents......we are several weeks into this and I don't know about you but I am enjoying being part of this group. However, I am a little surprised how quiet everyone is. Certainly for as many members are in this, there has to be some needed chitter chatter, good advise to share or just some fun comments to make. Just as the other thread stated....we are way too quiet. We all joined this group to take a weight loss journey together and losing weight alone is never fun!

I have a question.......just how confident are you that you are going to get your weight off? I am so confident that last night I stopped to pick something up and strolled past a rack of bikinis. I am Italian, olive skinned and tan easy......I always imagined sporting a yellow bikini and so I did it.....I purchased a cute yellow bikini.....no stripes, no polka dots.....just a solid, bright yellow bikini and I am so excited to get some more weight off and wear it!!! To keep focused, I hung it on my closet door to remind me that I can and will do it!!!!!

Replies

• MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options
    Awesome! I have a TON of bikinis that I want to rock this summer. I know I can't feasibly hit my goal weight this summer, but I can definitely look a hell of a lot better than I do now. And hopefully when I hit my goal weight (in the fall/winter, I expect), SO and I (and some friends!) will go on a trip down south so I can show off my new figure!

I am confident that I will be able to attain my goal weight... I guess the biggest question is WHEN. I really need to stop procrastinating, though I am SO damn good at it!

I think we should start posting new exercises or little bits of motivation. I agree with you and others that the group is too quiet, so as you so eloquently put it... let's make some noise!
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I haven't been feeling well this week...
    But, heck Yeah!!
    I'm in!!
    Let's make some noise!!
  • RheneeB
    Options
    One thing that I started doing Monday morning was wearing a pedometer and as weird as it sounds, I am constantly looking at it to see how many steps are on it and how many more I can get on it. On Monday I had right over 11,000 steps and yesterday I had 14,304!!! I am challenging myself to take at least 10,000 per day - that is 5 miles.

This whole losing weight thing is so mental so I have to find ways to manipulate myself but hey.....whatever works!!!
  • estherwhetstone
    estherwhetstone Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The weekend is upon us, let's keep our focus and stay on plan!
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Yay for the weekend!!!! What is everyone up to?
  • RheneeB
    Options
    My husband and I are headed up to our mountain home for the weekend and I can't wait....it is one of my favorite places to be!!! It is only about a 2 1/2 hour drive from where we live so we go up about every other weekend. We plan on making it our permanant home in about 5 years. By then all of our kids will be through college and on their own. We have 5.....3 boys and 2 girls. Josh is 27 and does commercial electrical work, Brittiny is 26 and is a reporter for a television station and getting married in April 2013, Autumn is 25 and in college earning her masters degree in Industrial Organization Psychology, Jared is 23 and graduates from college in 2 weeks and has a job lined up and moving to Savannah, Georgia on June 8 and then there is Caleb, he is 18, graduates from high school in 3 weeks and is heading to college in August. Whooooooooweeeeeeeee!!!!!!
  • mindy217
    mindy217 Posts: 19
    Options
    what pedometer do you use? I have tried two different ones and neither keep track correctly. Probably me programming it wrong,
  • RheneeB
    Options
    It is a pedometer that I was issued at The Biggest Loser competition at my church. It is called Orman Aerobic - the lead physical trainer from The Salvation Army gives us little challenges each week and this week it was to step at least 10,000 steps. I keep an eye on it regularlly and it seems to keep steps very accurately. He says they run about $25.
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I agree" movement" is the key, I have a FITBIT which links with MFP and adjusts calories allowed with exercise achieved for that day.
  • LilCrissieBug
    Options
    I am glad everyone is starting to come out of hiding here and noise is always nice :). I had a bit of a meltdown last night at JCPennys. My Hubbins and I are going on vacation in 11 days and I no longer own a bathing suit or a pair of shorts for that matter. I was out trying to find some cute things to wear and came home with only a pair of bathing suit bottoms, a shirt, and a pair of jeans. I am not a fan of shopping yet. I have lost 51 pounds and am in a size 16, one I havent seen since 2002. I should be excited right?? I am in the dressing room putting on things I would have died to wear 6 months ago and Im still being too hard on myself. I am looking in the mirror pointing out all of my imperfections. Why is that area still so big? God what if that loose skin there doesnt firm up? I think that part has mysteriously gotten bigger... I think this is why girls shop together. I usually have my BF telling me how great things look and how my Hubbins will love it better on the floor anyway... But I am out of town so I am shopping alone right now and I dont like it. I am hoping with weigh in tomorrow and vacation a week and a half away that I can hit One-derland before we go. I will probably cry when it happens. And going to the beach will be the perfect reward for all of my and my Hubbins's hard work. Is anyone else having problems with shopping or the way they see themselves right now? Dont get me wrong, I feel a million times better and have more energy and am loving the way I am swimming in my old clothes, Im just having a hard time putting on things that fit and liking what I see. I want to be able to buy a few sundresses but cannot find any that are flattering and comfy. I have not worn shorts in years. Only capris. I am glad I am doing this and I love the friends I've made on here. And if anyone is in the Morgantown/Fairmont WV area and wants to go shopping with me let me know!! Lol! Congrats everyone on the incredible losses so far! And I raise my bottle of water to continuing our journey together and more milestones to come!!
  • RheneeB
    Options
    I have always beat myself up for the way I look....for my body imperfections. I try just joking it off saying that God didn't give me a perfect body because he knew with my personality I could end up dancing on a table somewhere and He had bigger plans for me!!!!

I get angry at myself when I look back at pictures of when I was 30 and only weighed 125 pounds....in a size 4 and I beat myself up then too. Now I can only pray that I could look that good again.....imperfections and all. I suppose what I have to succumb to is that I will never look the way I want. There are certain areas that will never be "right" because now I have the age and gravity thing going against me. Unfortunatley as you get older, skin loses its elasticity and wrinkles will come!! I have hidden my body most of my life but will just feel better hiding it in a size 6 verses a 12!!!!

All we can do is keep trying!!!!
  • RheneeB
    Options
    Oh and the shopping thing......hate hate hate it!!! All the cute summer clothes out seemed to be designed for the tiny in mind!!! Shopping is just plain depressing to me!
  • RheneeB
    Options
    Well the Biggest Loser Competition at my church through my for a loop this past Sunday. It turned out that week one.....I was the Biggest Loser with a 4.77% body weight loss. I was so excited and was called up front to receive a certificate of achievement and a $5.00 gift card from Subway. My husband was in second place with a 4.69% body weight loss! I am trying so hard to do well because I put a team together and as team captain feel like I need to lead by example. I have 7 people on my team and 4 of us seem to be making an effort but I am worried about the other 3 - they haven't even lost an ounce and when I try to motivate them and encourage them they just make comments like.....dieting just really sucks or I am just not good at this. Last night I invited the team to meet up for a good challenging walk, to talk about how things are going and give each other feedback....the one lady that has lost nothing text me back and asked me if we were going to walk inside or outside.....what? Is that really the important thing here? And out of the team, only one person showed up and she brought her 1 year old with her. It wouldn't have been so bad but she brought one of those motororized toys for her daughter to ride along as we walked.....do any of you know how slow those things go? Needless to say, the walk was more of a stroll and the baby screamed most of the way. I was frustrated but at least she showed up at all. I guess I shouldn't allow myself to get frustrated with the others because making changes is hard and we all have to get in the right mind set to really be ready for it....we have to just reach that point, deep down inside, that we just don't want to be overweight anymore....that we don't want to continue feeling bad about the way we look, feeling disgusted with ourselves as each summer passes where we refuse to put on a bathing suit or even a pair of shorts for that matter or feeling like failures or "less than". I have reached that point and though the one person who's opinion really matters to me, my husband, tells me how beautiful I am to him every day, I need to do this for me....I don't want to be skinny, I know that I will never look the way I would love to look and I have accepted that but what I do know is that I CAN look better than I look now and that is what will keep me going!!!!
  • happydays2525
    happydays2525 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I need to do this for me....I don't want to be skinny, I know that I will never look the way I would love to look and I have accepted that but what I do know is that I CAN look better than I look now and that is what will keep me going!!!!

I agree with you. We have to do this for ourselves so that we feel better about the way we feel and look. I started this about 10 weeks ago when we started a 'biggest loser' contest at work, I didn't join to win, I just wanted to lose weigh after trying for so long. I love the support here and at work. I feel that I can do it this time. Add me as a friend if you like. Good luck on your weight lose.:smile:
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I need to do this for me....I don't want to be skinny, I know that I will never look the way I would love to look and I have accepted that but what I do know is that I CAN look better than I look now and that is what will keep me going!!!!

I agree with you. We have to do this for ourselves so that we feel better about the way we feel and look. I started this about 10 weeks ago when we started a 'biggest loser' contest at work, I didn't join to win, I just wanted to lose weigh after trying for so long. I love the support here and at work. I feel that I can do it this time. Add me as a friend if you like. Good luck on your weight lose.:smile:
    I couldn't agree more!! I'm trying to win a healthier me!!
  • msdalice
    msdalice Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My confidence level is severly waning. I've been up and down over the past three years. My highest loss was 58.5 pounds. I seem to be losing and gaining the same 5 - 10 pounds over and over. I was doing really well and then this week I am hit with a digestive issue. To put it mildly I am full of it and nothing is helping. My WI was up this week and I was traumatized by the fact that it went up so much. I mean - my DH is losing regularly and here I am gaining and losing the same couple of pounds. The problem is that I KNOW that this is temporary but it is just sooooo frustrating to finally get to 58.5 pounds on 4/23 only to be back at 55 again today. Yes - that's after I lost a couple of what I gained because I was only at 53 at my most recent high weight. Okay - enough feeling sorry for me. Time to chin up and do something.
  • RheneeB
    Options
    You hang in there and keep your chin up.....we all have this happen to us. I had been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds for 8 months and I was at my witts end over it. I finally started reading up on the nutritional value of food....more than the usual just looking at calories and I realized that through my "dieting" I was filling up on way too many carbs, especially ones that weren't so good. A couple weeks ago I started watching my carbs, focusing on eating more vegetables (especially green with lower carbs) and poof....the ugly 5 pounds that have haunted me forever dissappeared and have stayed gone. I have lost a total of 11 pounds just in the past couple of weeks. I am feeling a lot better, sleeping a lot better and most of all.....feeling hopeful about my weight loss journey again!!!

I think all our bodies work differently and you just need to really look at what you are eating and drinking and figure out what changes will work for you!!