Walking Dead Comic Readers?

Options
Anyone reading the comics? I am on Vol.3 and its gettin' crazy...

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I tried with the first but I just could not do it. Comics are NOT my thing... I have a friend who has and has given me the insight on some characters... I was glad to have the extra info on some. :happy:
  • jaredm519
    Options
    After the season ended on TV I had to know what the deal was with the hooded girl and prison. But the comics and TV show are pretty different.
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I started reading the comics as soon as Season 2 ended. I just finished Vol. 13. I love the comics!
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I read the first 3 comics - borrowed from the library, waiting on the other ones, now I'm on the book - Rise of the Governor. never read comics before, so it's a bit different for me, read each of the volumes in one day- nice to see what some of the people were talking about some of the characters- was surprised about Dale and Andrea in the comics, and Carol is portrayed completely different in the comics too-
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I read nearly all of them except the most recent few. I love both the comics and the show and I enjoy how the show doesn't directly follow them exactly. I was so psyched to see the prison and Michonne in the last episode of season 2! I was really hoping to see her on the show. She's a total bad *kitten*!
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options
    I want to get the comics! I saw them in sets at Barnes and Noble, but can't find the first one. I'll have to look on the internet. I don't want to read them to far in advance so the show is more of a surprise though.
  • Mina133842
    Options
    just finished the novel - Rise of the Governor. pretty good book - I'm now going to see if I can get more of the comics reserved at the library. I've only read the first 3
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I want to get the comics! I saw them in sets at Barnes and Noble, but can't find the first one. I'll have to look on the internet. I don't want to read them to far in advance so the show is more of a surprise though.

dont worry about that! they really wont ruin the show - they are so different!
  • Mina133842
    Options
    does anyone know if there are more of the novels out yet? I liked the one I read- Rise of the Governor- was hard to put it down, and inside the cover there was something written about them doing novels on the backgrounds on some of the favorite/popular characters.
  • Jlongblade
    Jlongblade Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My wife has read all 96 issues, and am half way through them.
  • escape28
    escape28 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have the hardcover books that have been released so. They are on book 7 which goes through comic 84. The comics are awesome just as good as the show. Crazy things happen. I can't wait until the new book comes out.