minimum results

Options
jaszmyn
jaszmyn Posts: 66 Member
Hey ladies,

I am back to turbo fire. I went 1 month straight and kinda fell off the wagon for month 2. But i decided to start month 2 over agin last wekk. So I have been at it HARD! and really enjoying every minute of it. My question is about your results. I have been at this for about 6-7 weeks, and have only lost about 4-5 pounds. I think I may have picked up some muscle and shifted some weight (i gess?) because I have been getting compliments on my figure, so I know its working....but I guess I would just like to see the scale moving a little more.

Do you think that you are building muscle with this program, even though its cardio? Thats the only thing I can think of, because I know muscle weighs more than fat. Hmmmm?? and yes....I have been atching my calories, even when I took my little hiatus.
Let me know what you think?

Replies

• brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have only lost a total of 8 lbs from doing the 12 weeks of Turbo Fire, but my body is completely different and I love it. I think that the weight has shifted and I am gaining muscle, which is probably the case for you. My weight loss has picked up in the past two weeks though so keep at it :)
  • jaszmyn
    Options
    Thanks brooke, that keeps me motivated..yeah the scale is moving slow, but I will admit, I have been recieving anumber of complements. Have you atarted CLX yet? are you doing a hybrid and starting something else? If so let me know. I think after month 2 i am ready to get into another program and mix it up.
  • b_fit4life
    b_fit4life Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I agree with Brooke, you're probably displacing fat with muscle. Are you taking any measurements other than weight? For example, every week when I do my weigh in I also measure all of the following so I get a closer to full picture of my progress: neck, chest (just under arms), waist (just above belly button), belly (the pooch), hips, thighs, calves, biceps, and forearms. So, even if the scale doesn't move but one or more of those numbers move...I know I'm still on the right track!
  • jaszmyn
    Options
    The belly (the pooch) !!! Ha!!! Girl that is too funny. LOL. LOL. LOL. Lord knows I got one of those. I actually am feeling pretty motivated. I saw a poster on the message boards who hasnt shed 1 pound in months, but her body is shaped totally different. It give me major motivation. and yes. I am going to start taking some measurements. I should have taken them from the start, but whew....i didn't feel like it.
  • b_fit4life
    b_fit4life Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Good for you jaszmyn!! keep up the motivation and never quit on yourself!! I hope the measurements help :-)
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Thanks brooke, that keeps me motivated..yeah the scale is moving slow, but I will admit, I have been recieving anumber of complements. Have you atarted CLX yet? are you doing a hybrid and starting something else? If so let me know. I think after month 2 i am ready to get into another program and mix it up.

I am doing the advanced Turbo Fire day 2 today :) I would like to do a different program after though.
  • jpbenjamin
    jpbenjamin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for about 6 weeks and have lost a total of 8lbs, but i can tell you that my body is totally different. I have gotten so many compliments, and my pants are extra loose so i know that the weight is shifting. I know its hard to not care about the number on the scale, but as long as you're getting those compliments, make that your motivation!