Welcome!

Options
LainMac
LainMac Posts: 412 Member
Hi All,

I think all of us have a hard time trying to balance the special needs of our kids with our own. But who will take care of them if we don't take care of ourselves?

Lain

Replies

• lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Exactly! This isn't just for us - it's for them, too.

Thanks for setting up the group.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Thanks for including me.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite, on a daily basis we struggle with more than our weight, it will be nice to talk to others in the same boat..:bigsmile:
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    so glad we have a group! stress eating because of our little one's issues is what brought me here, and i hope with your help, ill learn to lose that weight again!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for starting the group! I think this is great! So glad we have each other.:heart:
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. :)

We should all make a thread about our very wonderful, special kiddos so everyone can meet them!
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi, got here from the thread. This is a great idea - like others here I got overweight misery eating. Its been a tough couple of years and the tough times aren't over. Our gorgeous daughter has GDD, she's 27 months just now. Doctors are investigating what could be wrong. She has a lot of appointments and therapy - another brain scan in June....

I want to get fitter to look after her properly - she still cant walk and I want to be really strong.
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Thanks for creating this group - it will be good to have support of other Mums of special needs children who may actually understand how stressful it can be especially when trying to eat healthily too.

Hope everyone is OK
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    Thank You so much for creating this!
  • EmRobo
    EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • jamierizzo
    jamierizzo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite :flowerforyou:
  • luvmypoochie
    Options
    Thanks for the invite, I found myself in tears as I read all of the posts in Special Needs Mommy - It nice when you have a group of people that know what your going through and understand your feelings without even having to say anything! I have supportive friends. But the reality is they just don't understand - you can't unless you live it!
  • Kmsnomaha
    Kmsnomaha Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am a 46 year old mom of a 14 year old daughter with special needs.
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Dumbell_Diva Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hello! Ive been here for a week or two but not introduced myself! I got here from the post on the message boards a few weeks ago! My name is Helen, Im a single Mum to 3 children, my youngest who is 8 has been having lots of difficulties lately,just going through the autism diagnosis process. Watching my son and also observing how he is being treated at school is heartbreaking to see, so hoping to get a few tips or pointers along the way! Its great to have support of this group so thank you for setting it up!!
  • lindsayb0422
    Options
    What a wonderful group! I am a single mother of 2 amazing little boys. My oldest one is 11 and such a super smart guy. He keeps us laughing. My youngest is 5 and my little love buddy. He is the sweetest most loving little guy ever. He was diagnosed with mild/moderate cp and most things are a challenge for him. I like most of you started eating to cope with all the stress and my broken heart. It always amazes me how little support there is in my area for parents of special needs children. Sometimes it's just nice to know that I'm not alone in facing all of Luke's challenges. I am trying to eat better and exercise so that I can be healthy and set a good example for both of my boys.
  • primrosehill
    primrosehill Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    So glad this group exists! I'm mother to one neurotypical son (6 years old) and one Aspie son (8 years old). Stress eating is a major thing in my life, but I'm hoping to learn to control it. Anyone who feels the same as I do - i.e both my sons are gorgeous, but when I have to fight the LEA yet again for school support chocolate and cheese are my hest friends! - please add me as a friend and we'll encourage each other. I'm already very inspired by the amount of weight people have lost.

Best wishes to all you super mums