Stricture stretched and doing better

Options
Yup, my problem with nausea and vomiting was a stricture (and polyps) as discovered by a barium swallow. Then I had to wait for my surgeon to get back in town so he could do an upper endoscopy where he did a balloon dilation to stretch it out - afterwards was like a miracle. I had another 24 hours of liquids but since then soft foods are doing just fine !! What a relief . . . And evidentally they usually do it twice so I go back in in May for another stretching. This stricture was at the base of my stomach and so only some liquids were getting through - when food does not go out through the stomach, it is going to come back up - soooo glad that is over with.

Replies

• set2sin
    set2sin Posts: 9
    Options
    Gladd to see you are feeling better!:smile:
  • Obreezes
    Obreezes Posts: 35
    Options
    So sorry to hear but glad you found out what was going on and got it taken care of. When did you have surgery?
  • grisaille12
    grisaille12 Posts: 20
    Options
    My VSG was 2/23/12. I am getting ready to have the stricture stretched again on Monday - my surgeon always does it at least twice and I am starting to feel like I need it <sigh> Strictures don't usually happen right away but develop over a month or so.
  • Obreezes
    Obreezes Posts: 35
    Options
    Good luck Monday. Hope all goes well for you.