Guilty Pleasure

Options
datenshi
datenshi Posts: 840 Member
What film is your guilty pleasure? A film that was either a bomb at the box office or with the critics.

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I kinda liked Jack and Jill and I heard a LOT of people hated it, including critics....
  • bdhoward87
    bdhoward87 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager one movie that I watched almost every week was Waterworld with Kevin Costner. I loved it! I haven't seen it in some time but I'm sure I would still enjoy the hell out of it.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager one movie that I watched almost every week was Waterworld with Kevin Costner. I loved it! I haven't seen it in some time but I'm sure I would still enjoy the hell out of it.

I liked Waterworld. Maybe it could have been shorter. I didn't understand why it was panned.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Total Eclipse with Leonardo DiCaprio and David Thewlis. It's a biopic about the relationship of Arthur Rimbaud, the genius boy poet of the 19th Century, and Paul Verlaine, another poet, who, like Rimbaud, is read in every first year French literature class. They're among the most important French poets.

It could have had more poetry in it, it being about poets and all, but I thought it was brilliant. If you have seen drawings of Rimbaud you know he was an exceptionally beautiful young man. Leo really captured him.

Did it fail because it was about poets? A homosexual male relationship? I'll never know. Everyone hated it.
  • MrsCanuck
    MrsCanuck Posts: 16
    Options
    I got lots of them! I seem to love movies that aren't successful or that critics hate LOL.

American Graffiti II
    Chained Heat
    Disorganized Crime (too funny, can't understand why it wasn't a hit)
    Eddie and the Cruisers II -- Eddie Lives
    The Money Pit
    Streets of Fire
    Willow (I heard this didn't do that well--not sure why)
    The Adventures of Ford Fairlane
    Coneheads
    In and Out
    Mars Attacks!
    Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
    AVP: Alien vs Predator
    AVPR: Alien vs Predator Requiem
    Dracula 2000
    Dracula II: Ascension
    Dracula III: Legacy
    The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
    The Scorpion King
    Troy (did this bomb? get panned?)
    Machete
    Predators (Heard the fans didn't care for it but I enjoyed it)

That's all I can think of for now.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    Kingpin
    and
    Beer League

I like goofy stuff!