Intro!

Options
andrea464
andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
Hello!

We're heading back to Disney in the fall for our second family trip. I'm super excited, and trying to get myself into better condition before we get there!

Just some ideas to get conversations going:
When are you going?
Have you been before?
Are you training for anything special (Disney races, wedding)?

Replies

• MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    We are planning to go to Disney World Nov. 2012. We went back in 2007. I weighed around 180 then. I had another baby in 2008. My highest weight was 225 April 2011. I am now 143, just 8 lbs. from my original goal weight of 135! I want to be able to enjoy Disney even more this time, without back pain and sore knees like last time. My energy level is so much higher now that I've lost weight. I also want to look great in the pics this time. We took over 400 pics last time we went. I was always hiding behind my kids because of my weight. No more hiding! Good luck to all of us! :flowerforyou:
  • andrea464
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! That's something to be proud of and celebrate!
    A pain free Disney trip sounds wonderful! Last time we went I had to bring a big bottle of Vicodin with me because of knee pain! Bad!
    I hear you on the pictures too- I'm usually the one behind the camera, so to see myself in pictures was different.

Will you be there for the Food & Wine Festival?
  • chcoley
    chcoley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Love this Andrea! :)

We're going in November...the first time my kids have been, but it'll be my third trip. I was in high school last time I went and was probably 125lbs (of course, I thought I was fat then).

I'd hoped to be another 70lbs down before we go, but that's a lofty goal at this point. I'd settle for another 50 down...that'd put me at 187 and a total of almost 100lbs down.
  • andrea464
    Options
    Love this Andrea! :)

We're going in November...the first time my kids have been, but it'll be my third trip. I was in high school last time I went and was probably 125lbs (of course, I thought I was fat then).

I'd hoped to be another 70lbs down before we go, but that's a lofty goal at this point. I'd settle for another 50 down...that'd put me at 187 and a total of almost 100lbs down.

You can so do it! Yall are going around Thanksgiving, right?
    I don't want to huff and puff around the park. I want to be running, dragging my kid along to see everything. ;)
    I remember last visit we had dining reservations at one of the parks and were late. I had to hand Anna over to Leonard and let him run through the park with her and I caught up to them later. I HATED that feeling! I want to be able to rush across the park at rope drop to get the fast passes I want and ride the awesome stuff. I don't want to worry about if I will fit into a seat!
  • teapot35
    teapot35 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi all!

We have been going to Disney in Oct. for the past 4 years... We had to tell the kids we aren't going this year, because we have a wedding to attend... they don't know yet, but Santa is going to send us all there for Christmas!

I, too, have a billion pics of me hiding behind children. I want to have memories there that I don't cringe about. Looking forward to it, minus the extra baggage! I want to truly travel light!

Hurray for this group!
  • Joteach027
    Joteach027 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My Disney trip is in 8 weeks! But who's counting. This is my fourth time going back. I was there with my daughters and mom in July of 2010 and cannot wait to go back again. Think I'm driving my girls crazy. Also, I planning to go in two years with just my husband. I am down 8 pounds but am hoping to be down another 12 before my trip. (maybe a little more)
  • Startraveller
    Options
    Hi all,
    Disney is one of my most favourite places in the world! Truly magical. We are planning a family vacation this summer, our third time. Also plan on hitting Universal - Hogwarts for my two Harry Potter fan daughters, but we have to go back to Disney. I hope to be back down 34 pounds for my trip in August. Looking forward to losing with you all!
  • AngelDog1
    AngelDog1 Posts: 89
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hubby and I love going to Disney and we don't even have kids! It so magical there and we always have a great time. We go almost every year and eventually want to retire and move down there. I remember a few years ago at my heaviest and although I had a great time I was a bit uncomfortable....thighs were rubbing, sweat was pouring, some seats were a bit tight, felt very awkward at the poolside....yuck! Last year I was still a bit heavy but felt better since I had lost some weight so I can't wait to go again this year since I've lost even more weight. Three cheers for Mickey!
  • MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! That's something to be proud of and celebrate!
    A pain free Disney trip sounds wonderful! Last time we went I had to bring a big bottle of Vicodin with me because of knee pain! Bad!
    I hear you on the pictures too- I'm usually the one behind the camera, so to see myself in pictures was different.

Will you be there for the Food & Wine Festival?

When is the Food and Wine Festival? We plan to go around Thanksgiving. Maybe Christmas Break. Haven't set it all up yet.
  • asmithTXfit
    asmithTXfit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

We are heading to Disney in August. This will be our first trip and so very looking forward to spending time with my family. By August I was to be leaner, stronger, and ready for all the fun! Can't wait!

Amy
  • jlind13
    jlind13 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm going to Disney in November for my son's 4th birthday. It's a surprise for him. I used to live in FL so I've been to Disney several times but I hope to actually be in the pictures this time around instead of hiding behind the camera.
  • nikkilou1978
    nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    We are going to Disney and on a Disney cruise at the end of August. It will be our second trip to DW, but our first cruise. The last time we were in DW I was 3 months pregnant, my son will be 2 when we go. I plan on spending some time in a swim suit and would like to feel somewhat comfortable being seen in public, and not be completely mortified.

Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey to Disney!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    i know it sounds like a long time away but we are saving to go feb 201. we are coming over from the UK and with 4 children we are saving hard. One of the reasons I want to loose weight if for this holiday and the fact that I need to be fitter to really enjoy it.
  • tishajo
    tishajo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    We are going to Disney for the Fourth of July this year. I have always been chubby but after the birth of my son in 2010 I really ballooned up. Since then it's been difficult to lose weight until I found MFP. So during the summer my bottoms included pants, pants, and pants. I was too embarrassed of my legs. So this summer at Disney, I want to wear shorts (maybe even a cute dress) for the first time in awhile. :bigsmile:
  • hockey32player
    Options
    We are going in August 2012! I have been there before (between my Jr./Sr. year of high school....but we won't say how long ago that was!)! I want to be in better shape so I'm not so tired with all the walking and we can see all that we possibly can in the time we are there, not to mention look good on the beach! :)
  • lizzybeth5983
    lizzybeth5983 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I went in November of 2011 weighing about 230, I currently weigh 207 and I am looking to have a celebration trip when I reach my goal weight of 145. So this group is great for me :) I am already a mousejunkie so why not be in a group to celebrate weight loss for the mouse.
  • maggiemcd713
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!
    I love the idea of this group, I am a total Disney Fanatic. My husband and I have been making yearly trips their for the last 8 years now, usually in December, so our next trip for sure to Disney World is in December of 2012. I am also training for the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon in 2013, so wish me luck!!!
  • paendrag
    paendrag Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love Disney! Going back to Disney World in June; can't wait. Hoping to lose at least 15 more pounds before the trip.

This will be the first time I have been under 300lbs while at Disney. The last 2 trips I was over 400lbs and needed a cane to get around. Needless to say, some attractions and rides where uncomfortable, but still awesome!

I have found that Disney is probably the most 'fatman' friendly amusement park. About 4 years ago, I was having trouble getting into one of the rides. I had given up and was about to walk away when one of the Disney Cast Members noticed and approached me. Very discreetly, she told me that all the Disney rides have at least one seat designed for larger people (normally at the front, and some rides have had all their seats redone); she directed me too that seat. At 6'3" and 430+ lbs, it was still a snug fit, but it was a lot more comfortable than the other seat.

Since then, I have had no issues finding a seat to accomidate my size.
  • vedra_b
    vedra_b Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    my family (hubby and 4 kids ) plus my brother his family of 6 and my sister in law are going to disney world may19. we have had a tramatic year my son past away in november. we are looking forward to some joy and sun in our lives. i am trying to get in shape but grief sucks at times and is of no help to my fitness. but the sun is out and i am trying to get my house in order for the house sitter. this is a feat since i sort of neglected my home these last few months. but i am hoping all this cleaning and organization gets me into a little shape.
  • shanc84
    shanc84 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi all!! my name is shannon...my fiance and I are returning to Disney World in September for our wedding. We are getting married at the Swan and Dolphin and doing a land and sea package with Disney Cruise Lines/Disney World for our honeymoon :) Trying to lose weight for those and the long haul after!