Newbie - Chicago

Options
jhealy1191
jhealy1191 Posts: 56 Member
Hey all! Im new to the group, just thought Id introduce myself.

After running in a 5k and doing the Warrior Dash, my good friend and I decided back in January to sign up for the Chicago Triathlon which is August 26th. We chose the Olympic distance (his idea). After doing some training and taking it more seriously since March Ive lost 18lbs.

Also, I have recently decided to sign up for a sprint distance one in June just to get a feel for it and the environment that way Im not overwhelmed for the big one.

Id love any success stories, tips, tricks, hints, and if there were anything any of you would have done differently.

Feel free to add me. Im fairly new with being active on here after creeping for a couple months.

Thanks!

Jackie

Replies

• vtate75
    vtate75 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have no advice because I am brand new too, but let me say that I think it is awesome that you have signed up for an Olympic. I am far to whimpy to try that (yet), and I'm just struggling to get to a sprint. WOW! You are doing great.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I'll say this... sprints and olys will test your pain tolerance if you race them right. You should be at your threshold of pain about 2 miles from the end of those races. Long course racing is a totally different animal.
  • symegeer
    symegeer Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Welcome to the group! I'm training for a sprint in June and then an odd-distance mountain bike tri in July. Feel free to add me as a friend any and all of you. I'm super impressed that you've gone for the Oly - that's my goal for next season.

:)