April ChallengeCan you

Options
Can you exercise a total of 24 hours in April???? Who is with me :)

Replies

• wdruker
    wdruker Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm a little slow to respond. I'm with you. 24 hours... seems like it's a possibility. I better get moving!
  • horsie2001
    horsie2001 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will do 12.......we are alredy 1/2 way throught the month! and i only just joined..
  • happilyeveractive
    happilyeveractive Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If its too late now---we can do it in May! I sadly was away a week and have been sick for 10 days so I had to back down. Going to the gym when sick only makes things worse when my body is trying to fight something off (usually do to exhaustion) so I will hopefully be well by Monday and ready to start over :)
  • wdruker
    Options
    May sounds more like a possibility for me too! I started a 2nd job and work 7 days/week now. I haven't figured out how to add back exercise besides being exhausted when I get home. I was hoping my energy would return after a week or two and my body got used to working all the time. So far, it hasn't, but I'll see if I can add exercise during the week.
  • happilyeveractive
    Options
    Believe me, you can do it! I have a total of four jobs, and work anywhere between 5-7 days a week. I usually tutor 1 hour before school daily for state testing and then tutor after school 2 hours most days. I never leave the town I teach in before 6...but then I fight to go to the gym! Most nights I get home and eat dinner at 9 pm and then do some more work! Make the gym a priority---I swear its worth it :)
  • happilyeveractive
    Options
    The gym also leaves me feeling more energized--just a 411 :)
  • wdruker
    Options
    Believe me, you can do it! I have a total of four jobs, and work anywhere between 5-7 days a week. I usually tutor 1 hour before school daily for state testing and then tutor after school 2 hours most days. I never leave the town I teach in before 6...but then I fight to go to the gym! Most nights I get home and eat dinner at 9 pm and then do some more work! Make the gym a priority---I swear its worth it :)

Please don't think I'm sitting on my butt, watching television saying I can't. First of all the gym isn't a possibility. One I can't afford it. Two, I have two children that also have activities after school. One is struggling student. On Friday I spent 2 hours with her trying to help with homework and assignments that are missing. The television never went on from the time we got home to the the time we went to bed. I work 5 days a week subbing in 4 districts. So I am driving all over the place. Then I have to pick up my two children. Sometimes my commute time can be up to 2 hours a day.

My p/t job has turned into a full time job. I worked 35 hours last week. I also tutor after school 2 days a week for an hour. Then I also teach a math club on Tuesdays after school for an hour. This week I am also filling in for another teacher on Thursday.

Yesterday after working 9 hours at the p/t job, I then vacuumed upstairs/downstairs, cleaned 3 bathrooms and then weed wacked for another hour. I didn't get in the house till 6:45 p.m. As soon as I walked in the door, I had an 8 year old standing there waiting for dinner. I felt awful, the poor thing was starving. We normally try to have dinner by 6 p.m., but I lost track of time.
    I'm exhausted! So I will try to fit in exercise, but it's not because I'm sitting watching television eating bonbons.
  • happilyeveractive
    Options
    Cleaning and other things you are doing clearly counted as exercise :) Not just a gym! The only reason why I can afford mine is it is 9.99 a month! But other things you do can burn calories as well :D