Looking forward to starting!

Options
I just the insanity package and am psyched to get started. I had a baby in Dec and have high hopes for loosing the last 10 baby pounds! :)

Replies

• TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am super excited too! I see all the success pictures on here and want to be a part of that. Welcome!
  • southphilly_chic
    southphilly_chic Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I know this workout is going to kill me but I'm going to try my best to stick with it!!!
  • southphilly_chic
    southphilly_chic Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just did my fit test and I have a lot of work to do:

Switch Kicks: 31 (may have messed up my count)
    Power Jacks: 26
    Power Knees: 57
    Power Jumps: 9
    Globe Jumps: 5
    Suicide Jumps: 6
    Push-Up Jacks: 0
    Low Plank Oblique: 15
  • Shelly1029
    Shelly1029 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I actually started on April 15th so I am currently in my 3rd week. I will be honest by saying the workouts are NOT EASY by any means. I even get out of breath with the warm ups. A tip though is to not give up. Even if you have to stop keep moving simply by jogging in place till you gain more strengh to jump back in. This is something I still find myself doing even after 2 full weeks.

My diet is something that has not been right on target. I kind of started off rough because a friend loaned me the program so I do not have a meal book with my DVDs. I've been doing research online and talking with my online coach at TeamBeachbody.com. I have the online free memebership there which also comes with a coach. The coachs there are very helpful if you have questions about the program, supplements, diet, etc.

I completed my second fit test yesterday and it was still as rough as the first one. I did improve from 2 weeks ago though which is a plus. I will post my first and second fit test results later today.

Good luck to everyone and I look forward to all the support we can give eachother throughout this process. :happy:

-Shelly
  • jp0623
    jp0623 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have never stuckwith insanity, i do it for 2 weeks and then call it quits. I def wanna make it thtough the 60 days thins time. Feeling super xcited!!!!
  • buenita
    buenita Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was looking at starting an Insanity Group with a 4/30 start, so glad I found one. I will be doing my fit test later today. I have three sons, my youngest is two. I have about 10 lbs I'd like to lose and it's all around my middle. I've lost about 5 lbs doing Jillian MIchaels dvds and decided to give Insanity a try. Really want to finish this program. Please add me as a friend and let's motivate each other!
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to start! I had been planning to start on May 1, but today makes more sense, so that I get my rest days to fall on the weekend. Don't know why I didn't think of that earlier!

I did 30DS last month, and had an MFP group for it. It really kept me motivated! I tried to create an Insanity group last week, but MFP was having some glitches with creating groups for awhile, and I wasn't able to get one going. I'm glad someone else did it this time around... thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • billyjoebob
    Options
    I'm glad I found this group-after doing just the fit test today I know I'm going to need some motivation to keep going! That was so intense!! My results were:
    switch jacks: 80
    power jacks: 44
    power knees: 78
    power jumps: 32
    globe jumps: 8
    suicide jumps: 10
    push-up jacks: 17
    low plank oblique: 42
    I know my form wasn't as good as the people on the video, but I did the best I could to keep proper form. I'm not following their nutrition recipes, but the same basic guide for what healthy foods to eat. I'm toying with the idea of opening up my diary to keep myself more accountable in the food department. I love junk food, but I think if I'm going to survive these workouts I'm really going to need to eat super healthy. I also nurse my 16 month old a few times a day, I may or may not decide to wean her in these next two months. (I'm going to wean her before she turns two in any case.) I'm eating 2200 calories a day for the first month (I'm 5'8) but that is including my insanity workouts since I don't have an HRM to get an exact count. I'll probably increase that in the 2nd month.
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    I have never stuckwith insanity, i do it for 2 weeks and then call it quits. I def wanna make it thtough the 60 days thins time. Feeling super xcited!!!!

I am the same way. We keep quitting so this time we are hoping that the group keeps us accountable :)
  • jreed1920
    jreed1920 Posts: 123
    Options
    I am happy to have a group to do this with. Just finished JM 30 DS with an awesome group and had fantastic results so I am really looking forward to knocking out Insanity. Did the fit test today and was surprised I was able to do as much as I was. Thanks Jillian!!
  • tenchasmfp
    tenchasmfp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Here are my results:
    switch kicks 55
    power jacks 27
    power knees 50
    globe jumps 5
    suicide jumps 4
    push up jacks 0 :sad:
    low plank oblique 20

I have virutally no upper body strength. I can't do a correct push up, so the p-u jacks were impossible for me. If any one has any tips on what I can do to improve my push-ups/ p-u jacks, I would really appreciate it.
  • jp0623
    jp0623 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Forgot to enter my results of the fit test, will do it tonight as soon as I get home! 59 more days!!
  • billyjoebob
    billyjoebob Posts: 72
    Options
    tenchasmfp-I wouldn't have been able to do any push-ups either, but for the past 4 weeks I've been doing this program:
    http://www.100pushups.info/pushups-test/
    When I first started I could only do 3 push-ups, I and I worked up to 16 push-ups. I'm taking a break from it now since I'm doing Insanity. I'm guessing you'll build your arm strength as Insanity goes along. You could try just some regular push-ups in the evening every couple of days to build a little more strength if you wanted.
  • kungfugirlrox
    kungfugirlrox Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started a few days early and finished pure cardio today. The burpees at the end almost killed me! Thanks Shaun T for putting them at the end when I am almost out of energy lol... Looking forward to seeing great results from myself and others:-)
  • jamkat
    jamkat Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants another workout calendar, this link is good

http://jewelzz.osnn.net/Insanity/Insanity-Calendar.pdf
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    Sorry I have been gone the last few days. We had a problem with our router and could not get online. New router and everything is back to normal! :)