Moving and Losing in May!! Who's in???

Options
tknnwatkins
tknnwatkins Posts: 135 Member
Welcome to the May Challenge Board!!
I always love May and the things that happen in May. It is my birthday month, my anniversary month when I married the love of my life, Mother's Day to celebrate my mom and being a mom and *School's Out for Summer ** (go ahead and sing aloud if you know that song!...lol)

I want this May to also be a happy one for moving and weight loss! April was a personal challenge as I struggled to lose weight and reach my personal goals. Therefore, I am going to set weekly goals again within my month and I challenge you to fit what works best for you this month! If you want to cut/paste my all caps stuff for yourself, go for it and let's keep losing!!!

MY GOALS FOR WEEK 1 IN MAY: (Shooting to lose 6 pounds this month at least)
1. Drink a minimum of 6 glasses of water!!
2. Exercise at least 6 days this week... 5 treadmill days with increasing speed and increasing incline and 1 day of Jillian
3. Continue weighing on Thursdays (my biggest loser with the school is over and I need to continue this commitment)

MY GOALS FOR WEEK 2 IN MAY:

MY GOALS FOR WEEK 3 IN MAY:

MY GOALS FOR WEEK 4 IN MAY:

Let's do this!!
Kim

Replies

• brokentiara
    Options
    MY GOALS FOR May is to lose 6-8 pounds this month

My Goal for WEEK 1 IN MAY:
    1. Drink a minimum of 4 glasses of water a day
    2. Exercise at least 4 days this week... 4 treadmill days and will be adding ab workouts as well
    3. Try to do weekly weigh-ins

• hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    MY GOALS FOR WEEK 1 IN MAY: I would like to lose 6 lbs this month!
    1.Go to at least 1 Zumba Class
    2.Do 30DS at least 4 times
    3. Walk my dogs for more than 45 minutes for at least 5 days this week

• melwilson6
    Options
    My goal for May is lose another 10 pounds. That will put me at a 35 lbs. weight loss. I want to get back into a daily exercise routine and would like to start adding in the gym to my schedule. I am currently at 242 ( due to a half lb. weight gain) This will put me at 232....been a long time since I saw that number...LOL

WEEK 1 IN MAY: )

WEEK 2 IN MAY:

WEEK 3 IN MAY:

WEEK 4 IN MAY:
  • jennyneel0423
    jennyneel0423 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My weight loss goal for May is lose 6 lbs. I will keep my exercise routine pretty close to the same as last month. And, I will start training to run a 5K. I also will work on drinking more water this month.

WEEK 1 IN MAY:

WEEK 2 IN MAY:

WEEK 3 IN MAY:

WEEK 4 IN MAY:

Current Weight: 179.8
    Goal Weight: 130
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Totally up for May Loss!!

Goal is to lose at the very least 8 pounds! Yes, I know, that's a lot, but I WANT and NEED to lose this weight!

Starting weight: Weighed in this morning at 177.4, yucky.

Goals for Week 1:
    - Go running at least 3 times for longer than 30 minutes.
    - Do 2 Jillian Michaels workouts: 1 30 Day Shred & 1 Killers Buns & Thighs
  • Roserivera
    Roserivera Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My Goal for this month is to lose 6 pounds and exercise 3 days a week. and walk my dogs 3 days a week.

WEEK 1 IN MAY:

WEEK 2 IN MAY:

WEEK 3 IN MAY:

WEEK 4 IN MAY:

Current Weight: 241

When I do all of this I should be at 235.

Good Luck Everyone!!!
  • jennyneel0423
    Options
    Well, looks like I have 5 months to train for a half marathon instead of a 5k!
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    Whoa Jennifer!! Are you running with Joyce? That is amazing! I would love to do a 5K sometime, but I am not up for the half marathon anytime soon! Proud of you!! :happy:
  • jennyneel0423
    Options
    I am running with Joyce....but I doubt even by then I'll be able to keep up with Joyce :)
  • debk3p2
    debk3p2 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm in for May.

Here's my goals:

For the month I'd like to lose 6 pounds. I'd like to walk 24 miles a week.

Here's my first week goals:

WEEK 1 IN MAY:
    Walk 24 miles
    Swim laps once
    Log all my food
    1 strength training session

WEEK 2 IN MAY:

WEEK 3 IN MAY:

WEEK 4 IN MAY:
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    I got my Jillian day over with today...hehehe! I always love how I feel afterwards, but boy does she kick your butt!! I am on my 3rd cup of water already an it's only 9:11... WOOHOO!! I will reach these goals!

Congrats Jennifer on your big decision! That is a huge commitment and I wish the very best for you!!
  • hauer01
    Options
    tknwatkins: I am so proud of you how you can get up early in the AM and wake yourself up with Jillian. I just don't have the motivation and time in the AM. I plan on visiting her after work today. I personally love the punches! I stand in front of the TV and pretend that I am punching her in the face (because by that time in the video, she has already kicked my butt) :)
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    hauer01,
    I have to wake up early and exercise because I am so busy with my children and work, by the time I get home I have nothing left! I set my alarm an hour early just to have some alone time and exercise and it is something I can really stick with. I set my alarm on my phone and put it across the room so I have to get up to turn it off and once I am up... I might as well stay up! Hope you and Jillian had a great day! lol
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    This week I lost 3 pounds; however, last week for some reason I had gained 1 so take THAT weight gain!! I am happy I didn't let my first gain get me down. I am changing afterall!! Now, that I have lost 31.4 pounds, look out 40 pounds, here I come!! I hope all of you have a fantastic, exercise moving, under calorie kind of day!!
  • hauer01
    Options
    That is AWESOME! I took inspiration from you and got my butt out of bed at 5:00 am this morning and Jillian and I had a bit of a chat. I feel good that I already have a good workout in! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    Hauer01,
    Good for you! It is a great feeling knowing it is done and knowing how many calories you have left for the day! Congrats on the early morning workout. I really prefer it!! I am proud of you!
  • csouto
    csouto Posts: 30
    Options
    OK I have been with you guys since January and I am down 48 lbs so I would like to say Thank you! I know have my sister in this group and I love the support. So here to another month:) I want to lose a total of 6 lbs this month.

MY GOALS FOR WEEK 1 IN MAY: 2 lbs and workout 3 days drink more water and get back into my walking.

• tknnwatkins
    Options
    Csouto,
    I am SO proud of you!!! You have done amazing!!!!! WOW... 48 pounds since January!!!!!! Are you still doing Curves?? I am so thankful for all of you and your support!!
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm not sure what just happened??? BUT, I woke up and wanted to do Jillian again! Twice in one week already!! The whole time I did it I thought of you hauer and wondered if you were doing it too!! I worked hard too!! Goodbye fat and goodbye flappy muscles. I've got this and it is coming off!!! Have a great day everyone!! Work hard, move more, and make good food choices!!
  • hauer01
    Options
    Ooh! I didn't get up early today to do it, but I plan to do it after work! I will admidt though, that I like getting it out of the way in the AM. It gave me so much more energy during the day. I will definately be getting up early a couple of days a week to do it. Not everyday, but a couple.

Thanks for the inspiration tknnwatkins!