Is this still an active group?

Options
DyanCB
DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
I was intrigued by the thinking behind increasing calories, etc. After doing research and digging through MFP I was thrilled to find this group. But it seems there are only posts once or twice a week from, usually, new members to the group. My own post has gone uncommented for a week. No worries if there are no comments to me but the comments to anyone seem to be sporadic. Should we keep posting here, is the group really inactive?

I am pretty new here so I am learning the rhythm of different groups, but this one is pretty quiet.

Thanks for your feedback - at least, your "hoped for" feedback!

Replies

• DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I think there are a lot of people still using this idea. It worked for me for several months until I plateaued. Now I am using a different method and I also now have a bodymedia fit armband that tells me how many calories I am burning a day, so I use that to estimate my calories to eat.

There are several other groups that have similar concepts to this one. It's whatever works easier for you and if you see results.
  • slporter38
    Options
    I'm just starting this method. This is the first day/week to try it. I'll be checking in on here.
  • slporter38
    Options
    Doubled615312- just curious as to what method you switched to.
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Using my TDEE and creating a 15% deficit. I am using fat2fit radio to calculate my TDEE. I've been plateaued for 8 weeks now, and I've been trying the fat2fit method for about a month now.
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks both DoubleE615312 and slporter38. I am probably doing a combo of Olivia and the TDEE - 15%. I have not been on MFP long but I am simply plateaued and frustrated and looking for company! Hopefully you see better results than I. I will be scouring he site for more ideas.

Thanks for responding - I thought I was alone in Olivialand!
  • spartangirl79
    spartangirl79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this method for a couple months... still not a lot of progress, but more than I was seeing before. Last week was a total bust for me as I was in a class for work and at the mercy of DISGUSTING catered hotel meals... yuck! I am hoping to see some more results in the immediate future as it is shorts weather now!