Arm numbness/ Lyrica

Options
I've been having arm numbness that reaches midway down my back and up my neck, for about 10 days now. This is new for me I was diagnosed in October of last year.I can't get to my neurologist until May 8th. I was able to get in to see my general doctor and he gave me a sample anprescription of Lyrica. I've takn about 5 pills but my arm is still numb although it did take the numbness down a notch. I hope that i don't have a new lession! I called a beta nurse and she said that I may have overworked my body while taking step aerobics last month. Does anybody have any numbness and what does you doctor give you for it?

Replies

• carilyn39
    carilyn39 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have had numbness before. just relax if you can. i have found the more i stress about it the worse it gets then the more i stress about it, and so on and so forth. I would just recommend seeing your dr on the 8th. if it gets worse or changes by all means go to the ER (if insurance allows) and force an earlier visit with dr. good luck to you. pray and calm yourself. it will work out.
  • DsAdvocate
    DsAdvocate Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't think Lyrica is designed to get rid of numbness but pain or discomfort from overactive/irritated nerves. For something so mild you should be fine to wait until the 8th.
  • newMe936
    newMe936 Posts: 31
    Options
    OK so i called my neurologist back today and left a message. He wants me to come in to get checked out because this might be another exacerbation. I don't think lyrics helped at all. I should have called earlier. :(