Color Run-Columbus

Options
courtneymal17
courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
Anyone else doing it? (http://thecolorrun.com/columbus/) July 21! I'm super excited!

Replies

• CEQuick75
    CEQuick75 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    This is the first of heard of it...and I'm in Columbus! Might have to give it a try :)
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    search 'the color run' on youtube or check out the site...it's totally awesome! I cannot wait to do it! There's 6-7 of my friends on MFP doing it, so I'm super excited!
  • sara1923
    sara1923 Posts: 53
    Options
    this looks awesome..I think I need to find friends that run!!
  • courtneymal17
    Options

lol yeah, I know the feeling...but there's a handful of us from MFP that are meeting up to do it...and aside from a couple people most of us haven't met...so if you want to do it, you're more than welcome to join our 'team'
  • sara1923
    sara1923 Posts: 53
    Options
    lol I will be there! I just convinced a coworker to go even if she said I would be running by myself but have to wait for her at the finish line!! already registered and super excited for it
  • MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I would, but am still healing a sprained ankle :(
  • laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    ooo....they added locations! I checked awhile ago and they didn't have the columbus location...super excited...will def do now! :)
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    ooo....they added locations! I checked awhile ago and they didn't have the columbus location...super excited...will def do now! :)

haha yeah! I first saw it and Chicago was the closest I could find, an they were already sold out...I was super excted when they added Ann Arbor and Columbus (ann arbor is closer to me but at that time was a date I couldnt do), but there's a group of my friends on MFP that are all making a mini trip to Columbus...I am SUPER excited...but Id hurry and register if I were you, it's supposedly "filling fast" whatever that means lol...I know Cleveland sold out in less than a month
  • MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I registered!!! Couldn't resist! This ankle will not be keeping me from this tye-dye goodness!
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    I registered!!! Couldn't resist! This ankle will not be keeping me from this tye-dye goodness!

woohoo! Awesome! And even if you can't run, it's not even timed officially, you can walk and take your time! I just was NOT going to miss this!

P.S....if anyone wants to join I made a Color Run-Columbus group, though its more to organize the trip with the group I'm going with anyone is welcome :) I went to Ohio State but now live in Michigan, so I'm bringing a group of people for a super fun roadtrip :)
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    This looks like a ton of fun! I'm doing my first ever 5k on Saturday so if I enjoy it and there are still spots open, I'm definitely signing up!
  • emanna11
    emanna11 Posts: 57
    Options
    Aww.. I want to go but I work that day... anyone think I can make it from Columbus to Mt. Gilead by 2:45pm?
  • monkeymomof3
    monkeymomof3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I signed myself, hubby, and the kids up!!! There is also another in August - color me rad - that I'll be doing!!!! Without hubby and kids :) I can't wait!!!
  • Rick_SH
    Rick_SH Posts: 71 Member
    Options

lol yeah, I know the feeling...but there's a handful of us from MFP that are meeting up to do it...and aside from a couple people most of us haven't met...so if you want to do it, you're more than welcome to join our 'team'

I'm seriously considering doing this too. maybe i can join you guys too. :-)
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    If anyone wants to register under our team, feel free to, it's "Team MFP" ( I know terribly creative lol)...but you don't have to start with or stick with your team, it just saves you $5 or $10 (I cant remember which lol!) so feel free to use it!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My friends and I started a group, and we have a 6-person team right now. We have two active runners, so they'll swamp us and be done long before the rest of us, but we're going just for the fun, exercise, and being with friends and family! I'm especially motivated because this is my first 5k.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Ok.... not to jump the gun or anything, but I've never done a Run before....

When should we receive info on where to pick up our race paperwork? And does anyone know if there's hotels in the area that are offering discounts for race participants?

Thanks! :)
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    Ok.... not to jump the gun or anything, but I've never done a Run before....

When should we receive info on where to pick up our race paperwork? And does anyone know if there's hotels in the area that are offering discounts for race participants?

Thanks! :)

I got an email yesterday with info about it...http://thecolorrun.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d9c31be4de49173931f4002b4&id=c3ec3db243&e=d69567f34f is the 'pre-race document' it seems to be pretty thorough. We're staying at the Crowne Plaza, which I guess is also the 'sponsoring' hotel...not sure if there's discounts on it though. The biggest thing other than like, reading through their suggestions for what to wear and bring, would be picking up your packet...they have 2 packet pick up days on thursday and friday (details in the document), but you can also pick it up on race day, which is what I'll hve to do since I wont be in town until later on friday. Your packet includes your shirt, bib, and whatever else you get (and you need the bib to run!)