Tissue???

Options
HJCsDaddy
HJCsDaddy Posts: 419 Member
So lately I have seen many questions asking about what runners utilize to carry their stuff. That of course isn't odd to me at all, however, what I do find odd is that when mentioning what they carry, people often mention tissue. I can honestly say in the ump-teen thousands of miles I have run, never once have I carried a tissue. What is the purpose, to blow one's nose while running? I am a big fan of the ol' farmer's hankie myself, not to mention I wouldn't want to waste the effort. :) Now maybe if a "Stomach Emergency" were to arise, but in that case, you'd need more than just a tissue. Thoughts?

Replies

• pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    was it mostly women who posted that? while I've used tissues to blow my nose or to wipe my glasses dry prior to contacts, I've had more than 1 situation where there was absolutely no toilet paper in the porta johns during a race and the tissue was a lifesaver... But my husband would never pack 1-2... :smile:
  • HJCsDaddy
    HJCsDaddy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    that's the surprising part, it's been both men and women. Just baffled me. thanks!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I never have carried it but have wished I had for "stomach emergencies" as you put it. And yes, in threads I've read, most people are referencing carrying toilet paper in case they need to take a break in the bushes.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have never carried tissue as I utilize the Firemans Blow (Not very lady like, I know)
    However, there have been 2 situations where I had wished I had carried TP or a couple paper napkins, When I do long trail runs in the mountains, theres no port-o-potties. Still, I don't carry tissue.

exercise.png
  • Dragonfly1996
    Dragonfly1996 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I carry tissues all the time & running is no exception!! Tho if just going out up to an hour I wouldn't bother. Public loos & portaloos in races notoriously don't have paper so that's why!! :wink:
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I only carry tissue if I am having a bad stomach day.

everything else (i.e. nose stuff) can be taken care of with sleeve wipes and farmer blows.