Doctor Visit Today... :-/

Options
Just wanted to take a second to introduce myself... My name is Quana and I recently joined this group to find support and other individuals living with PCOS and hypothyroidism. I should probably throw out there that I'm also insulin resistant, but they all are intertwined in this self-perpetuating mess. Anyway, my husband and I would love to conceive within the next few years so my main motivation is lose weight and get down to my goal weight.

I'm currently on nature-throid (1 grain), birth control, and today I see my doctor. My energy levels have been low despite a good thyroid blood test, so I'm going to ask her to check into other things, like vitamin D and B levels. She mentioned about a year ago that I should try Metformin, and now I'm starting to realized that it may be a good idea (stupid me for being dense! >.<)

I'm doing my best to lose weight... here's some info about me:

SW: 219 lbs
CW: 208 lbs
GW: 135 lbs
Height: 5'6"

We have quite the struggle... Wish me luck ladies!

Replies

• mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You'll do great. After awhile it will become second nature. Just remember that when you take the Metaformin to make sure to eat something with it or you will have some very bad side effects.
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I am also working on loosing weight to help with infertility and PCOS.
  • sethandjane
    sethandjane Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wishing you luck on this journey!

Is your doctor (or someone else) helping you with the nutritional side of PCOS? If not, definitely look into that part of it!

:) Jane
  • kimimila86
    kimimila86 Posts: 424
    Options
    Thanks for the kind wishes! My doctor has been shoving nutritional information at me for 2 years now and thick-headed me is FINALLY listening. I've read a few books on PCOS and insulin resistance. She just started me on Metformin so we'll see how that goes...