When do you do Insanity?

Options
jp0623
jp0623 Posts: 22 Member
Hi All,

I am trying to do Insanity in the early am but have realized how tough it is first thing in the morning. By the time that I get home from work, do all of the mom activities and have time to rest, I don't have the motivation to work out (around 9pm). Just curious, when do you do the Insanity work out? If u do it in the morning how do u get urself energized for it?

Thanks

Replies

• Jeck1988
    Jeck1988 Posts: 12
    Options
    i have a wacked schedule at the moment- i'm working thirds and going to school all day.... luckily my last night of work is thursday and my semester is over next week, but i find that the key to working out in general, even after being awake for 20 something hours, is to eat a protein rich but easily digestible meal a couple hours before hand so you have the energy. and if you're looking for motivation just come on here and check out all the amazing results!
  • liltuck18
    liltuck18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will also be starting Insanity today. I am doing it with my friend/roommate. I did P90X about a year and a half ago and was very pleased with the results, but lost them quickly. I did my workouts whenever possible. If I felt motivated enough, I would set my alarm to wake me up an hour early in the morning. Normally, I would just hit snooze and have to do it after work. I think working out in the morning made my days much easier. It may have been a mental thing though. It just felt good knowing that I didn't have to do it later. It also seemed to pump me for the day.

I have been reading numerous blogs about Insanity. It seems like most people are advocates of early morning workouts. So, my question is, can you do an Insanity workout on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning? Should you drink a protein shake or something first??

I will be doing my Insanity workout today, after work. After Insanity, I have a softball game. I woke up far too early to do the workout this morning, but I will be starting to workout in the mornings, tomorrow.

GOOD LUCK!! Stay with it!!
  • jp0623
    jp0623 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I will also be starting Insanity today. I am doing it with my friend/roommate. I did P90X about a year and a half ago and was very pleased with the results, but lost them quickly. I did my workouts whenever possible. If I felt motivated enough, I would set my alarm to wake me up an hour early in the morning. Normally, I would just hit snooze and have to do it after work. I think working out in the morning made my days much easier. It may have been a mental thing though. It just felt good knowing that I didn't have to do it later. It also seemed to pump me for the day.

I have been reading numerous blogs about Insanity. It seems like most people are advocates of early morning workouts. So, my question is, can you do an Insanity workout on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning? Should you drink a protein shake or something first??

I will be doing my Insanity workout today, after work. After Insanity, I have a softball game. I woke up far too early to do the workout this morning, but I will be starting to workout in the mornings, tomorrow.

GOOD LUCK!! Stay with it!!

Sounds like me with the snooze button. But I do agree once I do workouts early in the morning it makes my day much better. I will try it in the morning and see how that goes. Thanks!
  • billyjoebob
    Options
    I am so not a morning person, so no early morning workouts for me. I do mine either early afternoon, or if I miss that window of time (if my kids are being cranky) I workout in the evening when my husband comes home. Saturdays I workout whenever. I've tried setting an exact workout time in the past, but for me being flexible is what works best.
  • skohl83
    skohl83 Posts: 23
    Options
    I do mine early at 5 am, I just finished my first round on Saturday and started again this morning. The first week was the hardest to get up at five and stick with it....but if you just press play, there is no way that you will just sit there and watch it. I would put the DVD in the night before and press play as soon as I woke up.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I always do best in the early afternoon. Mornings I am to weak
  • braykay23
    braykay23 Posts: 28
    Options
    I agree that doing it in the morning is hard. I have a wierd work schedule and two kids so when I have to do it in the morning I drink a protein shake first and that helps a little. Otherwise I do it after work. I usually make my family dinner and work out while they're eating since I cant eat what they are anyways!!! Life is so unfair lol