ITS THE FIRST OF MAY :)

Options
so it is the first of May - I WILL lose 10lbs this month. I cannot and will not look or feel like this anymore. Time to take proper care of myself and love myself, coincidentally, in time for Summer :) Let's do this, y'all!

Replies

• Ginny_Hami
    Ginny_Hami Posts: 32
    Options
    I totaly agree...May will be a great month... We can do this ; )
    ginny
  • tprice916
    tprice916 Posts: 22
    Options
    Yes! I'm already on that track! If I keep it up I'll be near my goal weight by the end of May and at the beach! So excited :)
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I need 10 off, so I'm ready to go.

Good luck to all!
  • hjohn09
    hjohn09 Posts: 9
    Options
    I agree KristenLees12 - I can't tell you how many times I have said that to myself. I think of all the actual "hard things" people have to deal with in their lives and then think to myself... its just wieght loss....I am healthy & able to do this, so Just Do It!.

An instructor for one of the classes I take always has us say at the end of our class "Thank you body for doing what I asked of you today." For some reason that always hits home for me.
  • lklascala
    lklascala Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's time to kick it into high gear and get ready to look great in my summer clothes. We can do this. Whoo-hoo!
  • invisibleorchid
    invisibleorchid Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Woohoo,good luck everyone,you got this!
  • funky_stripes
    funky_stripes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am ready to lose this weight, I am getting married in August and want to look fab, also want to do a boudoir photo shoot for my fiancé as a gift to open day of wedding, any support to push me and keep me on track is greatly appreciated, let's do this
  • FitnessDivaK
    FitnessDivaK Posts: 229
    Options
    Day 1 was a total success! Just gotta keep it up!!!
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    not bad so far :)
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    It's a bit sobering to realize we are into the fifth month of this year already! I want to look back on May and be proud of what I accomplished, instead of wishing I had done things differently.
  • hjohn09
    Options
    Is it OK if I only weight myself once a week? I fluctuate so much on a given day and I usually just weight myself on Sat's to see how I did for the week. With the food/exercise diaries it is easy to see where you did good or bad. I seem to get frustrated if I weigh myself more than once a week. If I see a weeks results, that is usually motivation to work just as hard or harder the next week.
    Thoughts?
  • hjohn09
    Options
    I was just thinking how fast a typical month goes. It will be over as soon as we know it. We can do anything for one month right!Just think of all the benefits if we put in all the hard work for one month! I don't want another month to go by saying "I could have been down at least 5 lbs if I just took it one day at a time". Because before you know it ...its June .... and I am feeling crappy about all those cute summer clothes & sick about bathing suits!
    Hoping this site and support from all the people I know go through the same things do the trick!
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Is it OK if I only weight myself once a week? I fluctuate so much on a given day and I usually just weight myself on Sat's to see how I did for the week. With the food/exercise diaries it is easy to see where you did good or bad. I seem to get frustrated if I weigh myself more than once a week. If I see a weeks results, that is usually motivation to work just as hard or harder the next week.
    Thoughts?

yes! it is definitely okay to weigh yourself once a week... in fact, people will tell you that you shouldn't even be weighing in THAT much. but hey, i weigh myself every morning right when i get out of bed ALTHOUGH. i don't fret over what the scale says until my weigh in day (which is every wednesday for me)

personally I couldn't go only weighing in once or twice a month only, i feel that i would be disappointed in myself when i got to that day and i haven't lost the amount of weight i felt i should have, etc... when i weigh in once a week i feel it keeps me more on track with how i am doing..(although you have to keep in account for the foods your eating, TOM, how much water your drinking, etc) because all of that stuff can make your weight fluctuate each day and make you feel more discouraged!

hope this helps :)
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    i'm the same, weigh myself every day but dont worry too much if it goes up or down by a little bit. if i weigh myself once a week i get more upset by any change because its more of a shock lol
  • adalton6
    adalton6 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Definitely looking forward to this month! If I loose the 10lbs I will be in onederland!!! And I have been looking forward to it for a while! Wish everyone te best of luck!!!!
  • shrinkbacktome
    Options
    I am so ready for this!
  • hjohn09
    Options
    Thoughts?

yes! it is definitely okay to weigh yourself once a week... in fact, people will tell you that you shouldn't even be weighing in THAT much. but hey, i weigh myself every morning right when i get out of bed ALTHOUGH. i don't fret over what the scale says until my weigh in day (which is every wednesday for me)

personally I couldn't go only weighing in once or twice a month only, i feel that i would be disappointed in myself when i got to that day and i haven't lost the amount of weight i felt i should have, etc... when i weigh in once a week i feel it keeps me more on track with how i am doing..(although you have to keep in account for the foods your eating, TOM, how much water your drinking, etc) because all of that stuff can make your weight fluctuate each day and make you feel more discouraged!

hope this helps :)

Thanks... I will usually weigh myself mid week too but its that TOM so I know not to do it this mid-week. But I should be happy with the results on Sat b/c I am usually at my best the 1st couple of days right after TOM. I dont know about you, but I swear it sucks being a chick. I feel like I only get 1 good week a month. 1 week PMS where even my dogs dont want to be around me, let alone my husband, one week of being bloated and tired, and then 1 week of actually having it! AUGGG, so the week after is always my best week physically and emotionally. Thats why I always try to I plan weekend getaways, vacations, parties, etc. that week.
    Thanks for the post ! I am really feeling like this is group is helping me. I got delusional again about how many calories I was eating a day for awhile, which is why I was just maintaining for the last 5 months and not loosing. But now, back on track, eating right, working out and getting great motivation from everyone online.
    Possibilities are endless....lets make it happen !