running nsv

Options
tracym17
tracym17 Posts: 68 Member
I have always wanted to be a runner. always. when I see people running, even on tv or in films, always feel envious. I want to be the sort of person who jumps out of bed in the morning and goes for a run. but, though I've made many attempts I have never had the stamina. best I could do was on the treadmill, but couldn't convert to outdoors. anyhoo, been doing c25k since new year, a bit behind schedule as have had to repeat or delay some runs due to weather/health issues. however finished week 6 today and ran for a full 25 mins. actually was a bit more as I finished my circuit of the park after the 25 mins were up. feel awesome.

when I put my ipod on and the voice told me 25 mins my heart sank. really didnt believe I could do it. even as I was running kept thinking, "cant do this, how much longer, will never manage, etc". but at around 20 mins started to believe in myself and was amazed when the 25 mins were up and I kept going. I am so pleased with myself and now feel I can call myself a runner at last.:love:

Replies

• EllieMo
    EllieMo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I should have been doing week 7 day 1 of Ease into 5k yesterday, 20 mins run, 3 mins walk, 5 mins run. Felt like I still had loads in the tank after 20 mins so kept going to a full 30 mins, then walked for 3, then ran another 10 :) Felt so good :)

Isn't it the most amazing feeling when you can actually feel the results like that, feel yourself feeling fitter?
  • Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!

also: “If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run.”
    ---John Bingham, running writer and speaker

Two thumbs up
  • Bellini500
    Bellini500 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That is amazing, well done. My C25K attempt withered at week 2, now I am inspired to go out and try again. At least in this weather, no one will be out to see me and laugh and point like they did before.
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Well done that's great. I completed the c25k a little while ago but I was only doing it indoors by running on the spot so not really the same. I then decided to start again with week 1 but doing it outside like a 'grown up', only done week 1 so far but hoping to zoom through the rest of the weeks now that the awful rain seems to have eased off.
    Well done again, I want to be a runner like you.
  • lizzue
    lizzue Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT EXCELENT EXCELLENT! I know exactly what you mean when people just seem to run on tv and films without even thinking about it. I think the word is EFFORTLESS! Great for getting to the end of C25K (I never finished it) You will soon be an effortless runner no doubt! :-) x
  • BettyBlueEyes
    BettyBlueEyes Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, well done! What a great feeling. I found that keeping motivated was the hardest part. Having never run before, last December after a serious health scare I signed up for the Reading half marathon in a whimsical "thank you world that I'm still alive" and started collecting sponsorship money, so no backing out! Managed to get from 5 minutes on a treadmill to 13 miles outside in under 4 months. If you're not up for that, how about a 10k race? Well done again :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I did the C25k - started in November. Today I ran nearly 10 miles, and am training for a half marathon... It's amazing what our bodies can do! C25k is a fab way to get into running. Best of luck to you all.
  • manda68
    manda68 Posts: 16
    Options
    Well done that's great. I've just finished week 3 today and i found it really hard but im going to keep going and complete it :)