Options
rocketass99
rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
Lets use this for now, until our page gets working. go silver

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    So this is where we describe "the SOMETHING NEW BUT HEALTHY" experience?
  • rocketass99
    Options
    Yep . What do you have in mind?
  • BMcC9
    Options
    haven't quite decided yet ... maybe try a new recipe (not overly adventurous or varried in the menu choices as a general rule) OR see if I can get onto Wii EA SPORTS Active worldwide and do a "workout with a (virtual) partner"

Or maybe something else entirely! still runimating - that's what we cats do while sitting in the sun with our eyes (seemingly) closed :wink:
  • rocketass99
    Options
    You are a funny girl
  • BMcC9
    Options
    One of my joys in life is hearing other people laugh!
  • NanaKK1234
    NanaKK1234 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    OK this is my thought for this weeks challenge

I smoke, yes I know bad bad habit..........but it has always been that or maybe bite the head off some poor patient at the hospital LOL.

So I am going to TRY to take one of my breaks and do a short walk instead of taking a SMOKE BREAK. Just what I need more walking, lol I walk pretty much my entire 8 hour shift at the hospital.

So hope this is in line with this weeks challenge
  • rocketass99
    Options
    That is an awesome goal. I know you can do it.
  • scoob1983
    scoob1983 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Okay, Here goes. When I write this down it seems more concrete. Not only am I trying to lose a few pounds, but I am trying to establish healthy eating habits. So... this week (not counting Tuesday-already blew that day) I want to come free of unrefined sugar and flour products. I will allow myself to have 100 percent maple syrup, honey, stevia, and agave nectar only.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    This article might help give people ideas http://www.chatelaine.com/en/article/36927--get-addicted-to-exercise-five-ways-to-nuture-a-fitness-habit

If you can't think of anything else, and EITHER have stairs at home or work, OR a step-bench and a Wii Fit Plus (or something else that counts how many steps you take in a step bench session), check out http://stairway.hc-sc.gc.ca/users/login.aro

You put in how many flights of stairs (or equivalent) you went up and down, and it tracks how high up the mountain of your choice you are. There are extra-tall buildings and varying hight mountains from all over the world to choose to "climb"

I have calculated that 34 steps makes 1 flight up plus 1 flight down for me (counted the stairs between floors in my office stairwell and applying to "up, up, down, down" pattern of Basic Step Move). I will be seeing how many "flights" (both up and down) per 30 min, 60 min and 90 min step sessions I do between now and next Monday night, and report on how high I got (up which mountain) Monday night.

(And if you have a fav mountain not on the list, you can "make a custom challenge" ... or at least you used to be able to!
  • rocketass99
    Options
    This is going to be hard for me but.... my challenge for this week is to not beat myself up. I get on the scale in the morning and my head starts telling me what a looser I am, I'll NEVER get to my goal weight, might as well go eat worms, yada yada yada. So every time my first thought is to say something negitiive about myself, my second thought is going to be to say something positive about myself.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    This is going to be hard for me but.... my challenge for this week is to not beat myself up. I get on the scale in the morning and my head starts telling me what a looser I am, I'll NEVER get to my goal weight, might as well go eat worms, yada yada yada. So every time my first thought is to say something negitiive about myself, my second thought is going to be to say something positive about myself.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thought this quote might help with that. From Napoleon Hill ("Think and Grow Rich").

"Remember, the thoughts that you think and the statements you make regarding yourself determine your mental attitude. If you have a worthwhile objective, find the one reason why you CAN achieve it rather than hundreds of reasons why you can't."

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • BMcC9
    Options
    So here's the low-down on my personal challenge - Get between 5 and 10% of the way up Mount Everest by Sunday night.

Before you laugh me off the site - read the rest!

I registered myself on the Stairway to Health site, and chose Mount Everest as my first (long term personal) challenge. I am only allowed to count "going up", so that means that I average 42 flights of stairs for every 30 mins on my 6" step (Wii counts my steps. I divide by 2 (so "going up only") then divide again by 17 for the number of "flights up". I put in my data from my last 30 minute session, and I am 1% of the way up already.

SOOOOOO since i usually do 60 mins on non-Boot Camp days (or 90 if very energetic and there is something decent on TV or DVD) ... that means that getting in between 4 and 9 30-min sets should not be impossible!

(the rest of the trip Up Everest will extend beyond this week's challenge)
  • reba62
    reba62 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My "something new but healthy" will be to cut back on my consumption of cheese. I am a cheese lover and although I know we need a certain amount of dairy, I know I eat way too much cheese due to it's calorie content. This may not seem significant to the rest of you, but one of my jobs is working in a deli so I am in close contact with lunchmeat and cheese every day.
  • rocketass99
    Options
    thats a good one. I love cheese too
  • rocketass99
    Options
    I would love to climb Mt. Everest. What a great goal.
  • rocketass99
    Options
    thanks. every little bit helps
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I would love to climb Mt. Everest. What a great goal.

Here's the Stairway to Health link - it also has linear choices like "across Canada" or "From the Earth to the Moon" (or pick your own start / end cities) http://stairway.hc-sc.gc.ca/users/login.aro Maybe you get to count ALL steps (not just "up") for those :bigsmile:
  • BMcC9
    Options
    My "something new but healthy" will be to cut back on my consumption of cheese. I am a cheese lover and although I know we need a certain amount of dairy, I know I eat way too much cheese due to it's calorie content. This may not seem significant to the rest of you, but one of my jobs is working in a deli so I am in close contact with lunchmeat and cheese every day.

See the quote I gave rocketass99 about concentrating on the one reason why you CAN, not the 100 reasons why not!

I would call learning to deal with ANY temptation, when getting out of the tempting environment is not an option (like you, cheese, and working in a deli) would be a SIGNIFICANT thing! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Like a choco-holic working in a drugstore over Hallow'een / Christmas / Valentine's / Easter / Mother's Day ... there's just no getting away from the heavy-traffic displays!
  • MelodyBronson
    MelodyBronson Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My healthy challenge for this week is going to be to take 5 min. "mini walks" throughout the day at work..., if I can do 6 of them, that will be 30 minutes of extra walking/exercise added to my day!:glasses:
  • rocketass99
    Options
    Great goal