Comic Cons

Options
JDviant
JDviant Posts: 92 Member
Here in Tampa I'm getting lucky; first in February is the Orlando Megacon, with Stan Lee, George Perez, Tim Sale, Darywn Cooke, and a million other artists and writers! Then in March there's the Tampa Comiccon, with mike Greel and JIIM STERANKO!!!!!!

I've been too one Megacon (way back in 05), so I'm excited!

PS George Perez could be my father, lol (From the 2010 Fetishcon)

CIMG5162.jpg

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I've been attending San Diego CC for the past few years. I live near Seattle so it's a road trip for me. I stay with friends that live there to save on hotel costs. I'll admit that even though it's huge and lots of things to see and do, I think it should be renamed to San Diego Everything-Con. Plus it has things that have no business being at a con like Twlight. :grumble:
    thankfully next year, 2013 should be no more Twilight. :drinker:

I'll be going to it again this year in early July but more recent I am attending Seattle's Emerald-city con that's comming up http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/
    and no I don't dress up. I don't have the body or look to be anything. Though I have toyed with the idea of being Nightcrawler, sorta. My idea is to wear a big purple-ish cloud costume with big red letters that read BAMF! :bigsmile:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I loooove Chicago Comic Con...met Norman Reedus last year (I know, he has nothing to do with actual comics)

This coming one Im gonna cosplay an rpg char and not let anyone who isnt willing to stay there all day come with me
  • JDviant
    Options
    Megacons this weekend, me and my buddy may try out the speed dating they have there if we've got the time ^_^
  • JDviant
    Options
    From this weekend, sexy skeletor!

megacon004.jpg
  • Jovialation
    Options
    nice!!!!

I'm goin to C2E2 in April!!!

Jhonen Vasquez and Roman Dirge are gonna be there!!
    aaaannnnd Chris Hardwick!!

and and and...I forget. Still...Jhonen. I might have a little fangirl heart attack
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I'll be going to Emerald CIty Comic con in Seattle, WA at the end of the month and I got my pass last year for SDCC 2012. already saving up lol
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I just attended C2E2 over the weekend! It was my first time for that one and it was pretty awesome.

SDCC: 2010 2011
    NYCC: 2011
    Baltimore Comic Con 2011
    Philly Wizard World: 2011
  • Jovialation
    Options
    I was at C2E2! I was awesome, indeed.

Met Jhonen Vasquez and Roman Dirge and Tony Moore.
    Bought some tees.
    It was good times
  • JDviant
    Options
    While not a con got a sketch from Amanda Conner at free comic book day yesterday!
  • sithmuffin
    sithmuffin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I go to an anime convention (ACen) every year but last year I went to the Chicago Comic-con and I actually had a horrible time.

I don't know if it was just because it was so super crowded, or if because i missed all the things I wanted to do, or if it was the people i was with (who caused me to not get to do anything) but yeah, it wasn't enjoyable.
    Hopping I'll get to go to C2E2 next year since that seems a lot nicer.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    C2E2 is awesome, and with the right people so is Chi Comic Con. Ive never been to Acen, I havent heard good things tho....so Ive always skipped it
  • sithmuffin
    Options
    ACen used to be fun and then it sort of turned into just a party con where things get broken and we have no guests.

My other issue with Chicago Comic-Con though was the smell. It's held in the same place that ACen is but there were just so many more people. It smelled really awful and there wasn't much room for movement anywhere.

Oh well, at least there is Ren-Faire. Not really the same but that place has never let me down!
  • Jovialation
    Options
    True, and I think I may go to ren faire for the first time in like 10 years sometime this year.

Chi Comic Con never really bothers me, but Im always in a mood to beeline to stuff and never notice other people lol
  • sithmuffin
    Options
    I couldn't move to bee-line stuff!

I don't know if we just went at a bad time or what happened but it was jam packed full of people, except for the artist alley area, that was open because only a handful of people were there. I think they need a different layout, having all the guests right by thee front caused major back up I think.
  • Guerrillascribe
    Options
    Had to pass on SDCC this year, but hoping for next year. I went to the Allentown con and plan to go to the cons in Baltimore and NYC.