Fitness Games

What are your faves?

I have my PS3 and dig EA Active 2, but have a hard time keeping up with it.

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    DDR arcade all the way. It was my second main exercise during my weight loss.
  • TimWilkinson101
    TimWilkinson101 Posts: 163 Member
    EA Sports Active 2 as well. I had the previous ones and only recently got this. I HATE the mountain bike with a passion!
  • Absidey
    Absidey Posts: 116 Member
    I've been playing Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012 for the 360 Kinect. It's got some fun stuff, and some very practical stuff that kick your butt. I usually do some minigames with handweights for a little extra kick, some strength training (I try to get a little core everyday) and then one of the dance classes (Bollywood!).

Also like the Adventure obstacle course game that came with my system. My husband and I get really competitive with it, and flop on the couch exhausted after. And Just Dance. I'm not very coordinated, but I basically laugh at myself the entire time, so I figure it's a pretty awesome workout.

I have UFC Trainer whatsit too, but, meh, the tracking is kind of crap. Your Shape tracks floor exercises much better for me.

I had a Wii, but my daughter hated not having her own functioning remote. The kinect is much more toddler friendly. (Occassionally it'll even pick up her dance moves.)
  • bittersweetinsanity
    bittersweetinsanity Posts: 7 Member
    We just sold our Wii and just have a PS3. I've thought about getting a xbox just for kinect, but I'm not sure its worth it. Some people said it works great for toddlers (mine is 2.5) but others say its horrible...
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    We just sold our Wii and just have a PS3. I've thought about getting a xbox just for kinect, but I'm not sure its worth it. Some people said it works great for toddlers (mine is 2.5) but others say its horrible...

I was such a hater when it came to the Kinect but then I ended up getting one with my console anyway and I have no regrets! It is absolutely amazing, but only if you have enough space to use it to it's full potential :( My sister has one and her sensor has a hard time registering movement because of the position of the sensor plus her living room is teeeeeny tiny. I have a really large bedroom so it works fine for me. The games though... I dunno. I only play the dancing games and Fruit Ninja but the fitness games look awesome!
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    I love using Ea Sports 2 for a good overall workout and the Just Dance series is definitely good for cardio if you really get into it.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    I used EA Active 2 for Wii a lot to get into initial shape. I do my own workouts now, but Active 2 has some excellent stuff and can definitely kick your butt.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 811 Member
    DDR. It's fun! :D
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Anyone tried the Jillian Michaels game for the Kinect?
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    i have DDR for xbox original and considering about getting a new set up for the wii since my xbox pads are dying and im getting bored of the songs.