Anyone here school year round?

Options
We have for the last few years and love all the breaks throughout the year. It gets so hot here (Georgia) that the kids enjoy the cool indoors in summer and love getting to go outside a lot in spring and fall.

Melanie

Replies

• sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    We do too! We have a ton of appts (4 of our 7 have special/medical need) and you never know when someone's going to be in the hospital or just down in general so it's been easier to have the whole year to get our 180 days in.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I just cannot! :noway: I might continue a subject or two into the summer or plan extra subjects for enjoyment during the summer but I (emphasis on "I") am the one who needs the break! :glasses:

D
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It was not in our plan but it is what we do. It just works out better for our life.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    we do it too. DD takes time off when needed, she's in the depressed phase of her bipolar, or we go on a cruise that month, or we take a driving trip, etc. so we go all year round and make sure she finishes her lessons in that year, even if we have breaks at odd times. It works much better for us, she likes it better because she can take breaks when she needs them and feels like she loses less over the summer since she doesnt go on long breaks.
  • momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    We do year round - taking vacations in the off season, days off when DH is off work, breaks when we just need them. We don't have to spend copious amounts of time reviewing each September, either!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    We do. I work FT, my husband works FT, goes to school AND has MS. So, rather than trying to cram all the school into the regular year we do it all year long. that lets us take it on vacation, take a break when we want and more leeway to study out of order.
  • jlsq
    jlsq Posts: 7
    Options
    We homeschool all year (off and on) because we're foster parents and who knows when a foster child may show up or how long it will take to get them comfortable and get back to our school schedule.
  • JennsRAQ
    JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    We do, too!
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    We do! :D
  • LKissam
    LKissam Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    We do!! It is easier on all of us to take time off when we need it! Moving(military), appointments, sickness, field trips, and very nice days when the park is calling us!! lol You can't always control this so we just go with it and make it work! :o)
  • nikki_0522
    nikki_0522 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    We do, but on a modified schedule during the summer months, two or three days a week. During the summer we only do math and unit studies or lapbooks on subjects that the kids choose.