Scales

Options
What scales do you swear by for accuracy? I have Salter ones that were not exactly cheap, and they drive me crazy. I can step on them 3 times and get 3 different readings, so I have no idea what I actually weigh.

Basically I'd like some recommendations for decent scales!

Replies

• Deka61
    Deka61 Posts: 74
    Options
    Withings scales are consistent, not sure about the accuracy though. They have some nice smart phone/IPad/Computer integration too. I weigh myself everyday, just habit now. Nice to see the chart go down, encouraging.

You may get three different readings from your scales if you weigh yourself at different times of the day. Best to weigh yourself first thing in the morning after a visit to the loo.
  • theonly1iknow
    theonly1iknow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've got a pair of Weightwatchers ones that were on 1/2 price in Argos, they seem quite accurate, and are always within 0.5 of a lb with the pro ones in my work (hospital)
  • davidshutter
    davidshutter Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've found my Wii to be far more consistent than my scales - and that's more important than accuracy IMO (I don't know if they are completely accurate, but my SW was spot on with what I weighed at the docs)
  • christopherpm
    christopherpm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I use the Salter MiBody scales - they're expensive right enough, but you can have up to 20 user profiles (if that's important to you), they have extra attachments that go on the feet for use on carpet, and in the couple of months that we have had them, they have been extremely accurate.

They also come with a USB stick so that you can transfer the data to a computer where you can see readings for your weight, visceral fat, % muscle, % water, %body, BMI, BMR etc....
  • ribena1958
    ribena1958 Posts: 152
    Options
    I have the same as the other lady above, WW scales from ARGOS and very accurrate
  • Cazzy34
    Cazzy34 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have a set of Tanita Innerscan scales. They are brill, i have had them for years now and are still completely accurate. :)