Tasty Tuesday! Kick it up!

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey, have you ever thought about the 'little things?' Those things you add to a meal you so easily forget? Ketchup mustard pickles mayo capers....on and on the list goes of condiments. Well, start thinking and including those in your log. Theyb add up!

Try healthy nutritionally packed condiments like salsa, avocado, hummus, Greek yogurt, goat cheese (any organic cheese in my book), cucumber to sandwiches, hot sauce, lemon juice, eggplant tapenade, herbs & spices and the list is endless but choose wisely. Know your condiments can be healthy in the right food and portion. Always be cautious of hidden sugars and salts. ENJOY!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• DebRives
    DebRives Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Excellent post!
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    They definitely add up. When I started logging I adopted the mentality if I eat it I log it down to the seasonings I use.
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I always try to remember and log everything -- it can get really hard sometimes! Especially if you go out to eat...trying to figure out just exactly what all it was in that sauce...
  • teddyweiche
    teddyweiche Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder about logging, and reminder about the tasty possibilities! Great post. X*)
  • JuliaWallaceGal
    Options
    Has anyone got low or no calorie options to these we could use instead?
  • campychick
    campychick Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks for posting this today... I just remembered that I forgot to add my low sugar ketchup to dinner! I make an effort to log everything I put in my body (including all the calorie free and high calorie stuff) so that I can track not only my nutrients, etc... but to see if I can find patterns to the way or what I eat and what's going on emotionally. Trying to get hold of this eating behavior and figure knowledge is power because denial cost me self-esteem and money (keep buying clothes, etc...)!! Gonna go add my ketchup....

Thanks!