I did a little brick ;0)

Options
angiek941
angiek941 Posts: 97 Member
I did my first real bike ride today and ran a lap afterwards. The term brick is totally accurate. I felt like I was running in jello, but the funny thing was at the end of the lap I was averaging an 8:47 mile (good for me). I'm honestly falling in love with biking. Now I have to start tackling real swimming. I'm getting so excited for my sprint Tri in August!

Replies

• murdy745
    murdy745 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!
  • volleypc
    volleypc Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym this week and I really pushed a tough interval workout on the indoor bike trainer. The bike trainers are behind the stairmasters, treadmills, rowing machines, etc. When I got off the bike I was going to walk up the desk in front of all the cardio trainer to get one of the wipes to wipe off the trainer, but when I got off the bike I could hardly walk. I was to embarased to walk in front of everyone like that so I just walked around by the bike acting like I was stretching until I had some feeling back in my legs. Long story short, I realized I had been neglecting doing my brick workouts so I am planning one for the weekend. Good luck with the Sprint Tri. I just signed up for my first one in 3 years (In two weekends).
  • vtate75
    vtate75 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I posted something very similar a few weeks ago. I was shocked at the weird feeling of running after biking! I am glad you are beginning to love biking. I am not there yet. I adore running and swimming, but my bike and I do not get along! Great job!
  • angiek941
    angiek941 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I posted something very similar a few weeks ago. I was shocked at the weird feeling of running after biking! I am glad you are beginning to love biking. I am not there yet. I adore running and swimming, but my bike and I do not get along! Great job!

I'm so scared of the swimming! The friend I'm training with is really good at it, so she'll be coaching me on that. Didn't I see you post that you're using swimplan.com? How do you like it?